Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Worst Razer Mouse I've Tested In The Past 17 Years

Phoronix: The Worst Razer Mouse I've Tested In The Past 17 Years

Going back to the original Razer Copperhead mouse in 2005, I've tested many different Razer mice over the years and have exclusively used Razer mice on my main production system for basically as long. This week the scrollwheel physically broke on a Razer DeathAdder mouse I've used the past few years so quickly ordered a replacement, which sadly turned out to be the worst Razer mouse I've personally ever used, and replaced it a day later...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder why you need such mice in the first place if you don't play 1st person competitive shooters, e.g. CSGO, Valorant, COD, Apex Legends, OverWatch, etc.

Comment

I still use Razer products, but they do tend to break down with some regularity.
      Their latest products do seem quite light (lesser materials) than past purchases though.
      I'm not sure they make a ton of sense for Linux centric uses, they don't officially support Linux at all.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
        I wonder why you need such mice in the first place if you don't play 1st person competitive shooters, e.g. CSGO, Valorant, COD, Apex Legends, OverWatch, etc.
        DeathAdders have a unique shape, I did like the original one very much, but the later models were sub-par so I switched to Logitech gaming wireless mice, even tho I don't really game much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ipkh View Post
          I still use Razer products, but they do tend to break down with some regularity.
          Their latest products do seem quite light (lesser materials) than past purchases though.
          I'm not sure they make a ton of sense for Linux centric uses, they don't officially support Linux at all.
          One of the reasons as to why they are lighter is that light mouses are now popular amongst gamers.

Comment

I recommend the Logitech G600 for anyone wanting a gaming mouse that works well as a desktop mouse. 3 hardware profiles, a bunch of buttons for shortcuts, multiple DPI settings per profile, some RGB for the buttons, and more. I've had mine since the end of November 2016 and it's still going strong. The only downside is the Logitech software on Windows is required to utilize all the features; though once set up it works with any OS. Ratbag/Piper only goes so far on Linux.

Comment

Oh. Well.
              Used Logitech mice for a long time, and Roccat ones. Quite satisfied, had to exchange the main buttons with some soldering on my Roccat Kone XTD mice, though. Replaced the Chinese-made Omron switches (mechanically stable, but not electrically) with Japan made Omrons and voila! it works like a charm, again. (Some soldering and screwing required.)

But either way of my experiences... @Michael, why do you spend 20 USD on a mouse and expect it to be a great device? I do have a few low cost replacements (for emergencies, so I always have working mice ;-) as well as mice for devices I only purpose-use for certain tasks), but I don't expect wonders from those like extra HW buttons, selectable sensitivity/resolutions or fancy lights and so on.
              Maybe you should spend a little more for a better build quality and support. This "essential" series could be something just relabeled/rebranded.
              Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by numacross View Post

DeathAdders have a unique shape, I did like the original one very much, but the later models were sub-par so I switched to Logitech gaming wireless mice, even tho I don't really game much.
                So much that. Comfort and ergonomics matter a lot. I'm considering the Redragon M908 mouse because it's similar to my current Logitech mouse with some thumb and finger rests that look to be more comfortable. The downside with that is losing the G-Shift feature that basically doubles up the keys per profile...G-Shift acts like CTRL or ALT for the mouse buttons.

Comment

You pay 20 bucks - that's what you get...

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
                    You pay 20 bucks - that's what you get...
                    Even when it was $50 it had QC issues according to TPU's review.

Comment

Working...
                    X