Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd 250 Piles On Yet More Features With New Release Candidate

Phoronix: Systemd 250 Piles On Yet More Features With New Release Candidate

It was just over one week ago the systemd 250 release candidate was issued (along with a brown paper bag 250-rc2 fix-up release). Systemd 250 has a ton of changes for this init system and more while today systemd 250-rc3 was released with yet more changes in tow...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

- A proper BCD (Boot Configuration Data) parser for Microsoft Windows' boot data used since Windows Vista.
    I assume this is for systemd-boot somehow, but why would it need that? Doesn't it just chain load the windows boot loader, just like grub does?

Comment

Code:
      $ cat /etc/machine-id
      `> 7of9
      mhh

Comment

Originally posted by Vorpal View Post

I assume this is for systemd-boot somehow, but why would it need that? Doesn't it just chain load the windows boot loader, just like grub does?
        With UEFI, the bootentries are Windows PE files, systemd-boot can start them as well (just needs to parse the BCD config), no point to chain load, even tho that would be possible

Comment

Originally posted by Vorpal View Post

According to the changes made in the config_entry_add_windows(), previously it just brute forced windows version title, now it parses windows title from BCD w/o brute forcing it with if memory_startswith().
          Last edited by RedEyed; 20 December 2021, 05:30 PM.

Comment

I guess we can expect systemd-ai as another brute force in the future?

Comment

Systemd fails to build with Clang-14 when used with LLD as linker (gold is fine) at Test 530/960 (test-hashmap). It would be great if that was fixed before the release.

Comment

Originally posted by onlyLinuxLuvUBack View Post
                I guess we can expect systemd-ai as another brute force in the future?
                Yes and now when it is powered by the systemd-network-generator it will be virtually unstoppable!

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
                  Systemd fails to build with Clang-14 when used with LLD as linker (gold is fine) at Test 530/960 (test-hashmap). It would be great if that was fixed before the release.
                  LLVM14 etc isnt even stable so why did you bother trying to build systemd with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post

LLVM14 etc isnt even stable so why did you bother trying to build systemd with it?
                    Because I can. That's what testing is for.

Comment

Working...
                    X