Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.16-rc4 Released - "Nothing Looks All That Scary"

Phoronix: Linux 5.16-rc4 Released - "Nothing Looks All That Scary"

Linus Torvalds just released Linux 5.16-rc4 as the latest weekly release candidate for Linux 5.16 that will debut as stable in early 2022...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

5.14 broke sound when resuming my laptop. 5.15 broke sound completely even on a fresh boot. Is 5.16 going to set my audio chipset on fire?

I'm still on 5.10 because of this.

Comment

Got a link to the bug report?

Comment

Originally posted by linner View Post
        5.14 broke sound when resuming my laptop. 5.15 broke sound completely even on a fresh boot. Is 5.16 going to set my audio chipset on fire?

Comment

Originally posted by linner View Post

Tried different distros to test?

Comment

Figures, the guy comments some whiny bullshit and then disappears. linner

Comment

There is not much to say. It's an Intel Skylake SoC machine. There are outstanding bugs all over the place going back 4-5 years. Regressions are poor testing.

Comment

But where's the bug report *you* made, specific to your configuration? Many years ago, when audio on my laptop stopped working, I reported it. Got a patch to test. And then another one. And then the third one made audio work again. That laptop broke some time ago, but when it was still working, audio was there. Wouldn't have been the case if all I did was complain on a forum with vague remarks.

Comment

Have you tried the latest 5.16-rc4? linner

Still haven't given us any real info. How is anyone on Earth supposed to fix some magical bug that only affects you (until you can prove otherwise)?

Instead of starting off the thread with "Has anyone had issues....blahbalblah" you went with your negative approach and set the tone. Work on that.

I guarantee there's a way to fix your problem. If there's a will, there's a way. All about how bad you want it. Guess you don't want it bad enough. Complaining is way easier.

Comment

Working...
                  X