Apple M1 IOMMU Driver Merged For Linux 5.15, Intel Scalable Mode By Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple M1 IOMMU Driver Merged For Linux 5.15, Intel Scalable Mode By Default

Phoronix: Apple M1 IOMMU Driver Merged For Linux 5.15, Intel Scalable Mode By Default

While Linux 5.13 landed initial Apple Silicon M1 support, it was just the very initial bits. Now for Linux 5.15 we are seeing another step in the bring-up with the community-created Apple M1 IOMMU driver being merged...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Where is the work to make a 16K IOMMU work with 4K CPU pages? The last I checked, the asahi devs were resigned to the fact that they'd need to ship a 16K kernel.

This sounds to me like another wish Michael pulled out of his ass, like that "big Nvidia open source play" we keep hearing about. You can't make things you want happen just by printing fanfic on a newspaper.

Comment

Thi what i hate on Linux, because big things arent happening reporting on every baby step, which is alone unless from users perspective. Tell me when M1 would be usable for real computing - it means at least youtube.. and after than games will able to work, otherwise dont bother, if some developer care, he can monitor every line on project github page.. 99.9% of people dont care.

Comment

Working...
      X