X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pracedru View Post
    WOW.
    BTRFS has really come a long way now.
    Its pretty competetive with other mainstream filesystems.
    Not much "wow!" there when you realize it's 12yo.

Comment

Originally posted by C8292 View Post
      Thanks!

Comment

Lets take a moment to appreciate how good EXT4 is. Those tests show why it is the default in most distros.

Comment

^^^ agreed. I'm running EXT4 on a RAID0 with two Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (for a 1TB RAID0) and she screams. I'm happy.

Having said that, F2FS creeping up in the benchmarks like...

Comment

Waiting for bcachefs ...

Comment

Using f2fs for several years. Working good. No slowdowns and has consistent performance.

Comment

One thing against ext4 though, is that the entire system can stall due to heavy I/O. You won't observe that on the others. BTRFS with COW off gives me perfectly acceptable performance, without stalling on generating a large archive

Comment

Originally posted by Snaipersky View Post
                  One thing against ext4 though, is that the entire system can stall due to heavy I/O. You won't observe that on the others. BTRFS with COW off gives me perfectly acceptable performance, without stalling on generating a large archive
                  I see this quite a lot, could be tempted to try one of the others if it's only a "ext4 thing"

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
                    Having said that, F2FS creeping up in the benchmarks like...
                    Dunno who this man is with all the costume jewelry, but he looks like he's just smelled an especially sour fart.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
                      Dunno who this man is with all the costume jewelry, but he looks like he's just smelled an especially sour fart.
                      Hahaha. It's one of my favorite gifs, maybe 12-15 years old. It's a rapper by the name of Birdman aka Baby of Cash Money Billionaires fame. (but I digress...)

Comment

Working...
                      X