QEMU 6.1 Released With RISC-V Improvements, AMD Emulation Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rabcor View Post

I don't know about virtualbox, I haven't actually touched it in years.
    I do. I've used Virtualbox for Adobe Creative Cloud. It's a breeze to setup and works perfectly with latest versions. Before that I was using CrossOver(Wine) for CS4 and CS6. Since you struggled so much with command line virtualization, you should stick to Virtualbox. CrossOver is a safe bet if you have access to old versions of CC or CSx. Wine has a bit of a learning curve and requires command line tinkering like QEMU.
    Last edited by slacka; 27 August 2021, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slacka View Post

I do. I've used Virtualbox for Adobe Creative Cloud. It's a breeze to setup and works perfectly with latest versions. Before that I was using CrossOver(Wine) for CS4 and CS6. Since you struggled so much with command line virtualization, you should stick to Virtualbox. CrossOver is a safe bet if you have access to old versions of CC or CSx. Wine has a bit of a learning curve and requires command line tinkering like QEMU.
      I actually did try setting up vbox later on, I described my experiences with it in it as well; but I am not satisfied with it, it's usable, but the experience is a bit choppy (not 60fps) even with guest additions and what I think are good settings for the machine itself in vbox, so I'm actually gonna try to see if I can't get qemu working properly for me instead, it seems like it has more options for tweaking the experience even if it's like 10x harder to set up and figure out.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post

I actually did try setting up vbox later on, I described my experiences with it in it as well; but I am not satisfied with it, it's usable, but the experience is a bit choppy (not 60fps) even with guest additions and what I think are good settings for the machine itself in vbox, so I'm actually gonna try to see if I can't get qemu working properly for me instead, it seems like it has more options for tweaking the experience even if it's like 10x harder to set up and figure out.
        Make sure you refer to man pages and qemu options a lot. will simply and help tremendously. Don t just follow guides on the internet.

Comment

Working...
        X