X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yttrium
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Michael, please avoid the use of expressions such as "six dozens", just write the amount in plain numbers. I find it confusing with things such as "dozen", which I had to google and apparently means 12, so six dozen means 6 * 12 = 72, it's very confusing.
    dozen is an ubiqiuitous standard that is present in most countries and would it really matter wether there were a few dozen patches or 72?

why do you exactly want a hard-realtime Linux kernel for your needs?

Any 'realtime' problem like sound or games would benefit. any software without strict RT has to account for underruns which is an absolute pain and if you fail to do so you'll hear audible pops. preemt-rt would allow you to be more certain that loop x will have run by timestamp y

Leave a comment:

• Linuxxx
    replied
    Originally posted by timofonic View Post
    Please make PREEMPT-RT and any other RT efforts get merged in mainline.
    Just curious:
    Do you have some safety-critical hardware running in your basement or why do you exactly want a hard-realtime Linux kernel for your needs?

Leave a comment:

• timofonic
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Michael, please avoid the use of expressions such as "six dozens", just write the amount in plain numbers. I find it confusing with things such as "dozen", which I had to google and apparently means 12, so six dozen means 6 * 12 = 72, it's very confusing.
    i agree. it's very confusing, specially for non native English people.

Please make PREEMPT-RT and any other RT efforts get merged in mainline.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PREEMPT-RT Locking Infrastructure Possibly Ready For Linux 5.15

Phoronix: PREEMPT-RT Locking Infrastructure Possibly Ready For Linux 5.15

Six dozen patches working on the PREEMPT-RT locking infrastructure for real-time kernels is now queued up in TIP's "locking/core" branch and will presumably be sent in for the Linux 5.15 merge window coming up quickly...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X