Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Linux FBDEV Driver Poised For Removal In Favor Of Superior DRM Alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zan Lynx View Post

If you can't clearly read the text on a 4K 55" screen then the display is either using a non-standard pixel format or it is not supporting full 4:4:4 chroma at 4K. It doesn't have the bandwidth, it is plugged into the wrong port, or the TV settings need to have HDMI 2.0 turned on (yes even if the GPU is only 1.4. Full bandwidth is a 2.0 feature. May also be called Deep Color.)

I have used my Vega 56 on an LG 55" OLED display and the text is perfectly clear. It is small so you need to sit close but it's exactly like having a 4x4 arrangement of 24" 1080p displays.
    I was exaggerating the experience, but it is too tiny for me to comfortably read from across the room.

Comment

Originally posted by intelfx View Post

The fact that whenever someone criticizes or merely points out problems in various (your favorite) free software projects, you are invariably first to jump throats and start insulting everyone on the basis that if they do not directly contribute to solving the problem(s) at hand, they somehow are "ingrateful users" which are not even allowed to complain.

Notably, it appears you do not practice what you preach.

I congratulate you on your spamtoberfest-grade contributions, but this is irrelevant.
      I don't know what you're drinking but I haven't insulted anyone in this thread. Go to a shrink - you're having visions and hearing voices.

Also maybe reread my message once again because again it's innocuous.

Comment

Originally posted by intelfx

No one ever said anything about "this thread". Again — insults and lame fallacious maneuvers. Typical birdie shit.
        birdie is far from the worst, name-calling and generally abusive posters there. And in these thread you are nothing more than provocative and arrogant troll. Maybe you have simply bad day, maybe birdie were rude in the past(then you can go back to these posts and attack him there). maybe he's just teenager that simply grow up or anything.It's only speculation, but if his previous behaviour bothered you, you should be happy now. But in this thread you've made three posts not to discuss him, but to provoke him (not only by starting flame-war using some controversial topic, but by personal attacks)

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
          You know, I think Michael's typo is actually a fun new word. If you can make a noun from the verb drive, then surely you can make a noun from the past tense drove.
          I can't believe it!!

I focused more on reading the flamewar rather than the typo!!!

Comment

Working...
          X