Reiser5 Stabilizing Its Logical Volume Functionality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    There are days that I think they should change the name because it really is a killer file system and all the MurderFS jokes get old. Then I think that forcing them to change the name over his actions isn't much different than the American Hippie Fascists wanting everything else to be renamed so they shouldn't change the name just to spite those Hippie Nazis.

That reminds me. Week before last I repaired my old 5 string bass guitar. It had a wicked warped neck and had been hanging on a stand for around 15 years. No shit. 15 years on the stand. Took it all apart, cleaned it all up, removed all the Rust, checked all the connections, put it back together, finally got some new strings for it last week, and my bridge pickup doesn't work . Looks like I'm gonna have to take it apart again and try out my horrid soldering skills.

Also kind of proud that I 100%ed my first song on Rocksmith last night -- La Grange by ZZ Top. I have Rocky Mountain Way and Blitzkrieg Bop above 95%. Yeah, I'm using custom DLC. But for some reason I cannot get my official Rocksmith USB adapter working on Fedora 33 so I'm hoping that the PipeWire changes in Fedora 34 help with that.

Also, wik. They're giving out Elite Dangerous for free on Epic Games. I honestly forgot about that game so it's great that they reminded me it exists with a free copy. I always wanted to play it. Damn is there a lot of crap to do and learn.
    Ironmask won't be happy ...

Comment

Originally posted by Raka555 View Post

Well there's still a couple of flecks on the tuning pegs where the chrome faded away.

Comment

If Edward Shishkin comes to Phoronix -- Is transparent compression on the list? And if yes will LZ4 and LZ4-HC be considered?

Comment

We as a community are feeling the impact of the mass-incarceration problem. There is no reason Hans Reiser should be in prison, when he could be reintegrated with society, maybe with a weekly counselling session or something like that. Probably the reason he's in prison is because of racism and collusion and slavery. Free Hans!!
          Last edited by torsionbar28; 23 November 2020, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
            We as a community are feeling the impact of the mass-incarceration problem. There is no reason Hans Reiser should be in prison, when he could be reintegrated with society, maybe with a weekly counselling session or something like that. Probably the reason he's in prison is because of racism and collusion and slavery. Free Hans!!
            If the victim was your daughter, could it change your mind about it?

Even though I agree that there is no sense on lots of imprisonments (they are mostly about punishing and should be about recovering), the kind of act this specific guy did was savage/terrible enough to merit a strong message to others thinking about doing the same.

Kill a killer solves nothing, but, clearly, let them "off hooks" is not a proper solution either.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
              I think that's more up to the victim's family.
              Don't expect much and seldom disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by curfew View Post
                They should let Hans Reiser use a computer at the prison in order to finish his brainchild
                he had several developers working for him(as in "employed") before prison

Comment

Originally posted by Raka555 View Post

I already smashed a few plates against the wall.

Comment

Frankly I think we can do without a filesystem honoring Hans. I wish him all the best rehabilitating after he served his sentence. I wish for his children to find the strength to grow up as normal, happy and thriving as possible given the circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by acobar View Post
                      Kill a killer solves nothing,
                      killing (or imprisoning) a killer does stop them from doing any more killing.

Comment

Working...
                      X