Systemd 246 Is On The Way With Many Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
    I wish this particular piece of FUD would die one of these days.
    i wish morons like you would grow some brains
    A sysvinit based slackware setup with all its scripts is exponentially more stable than any of the current top 5 most popular systemd distros.
    in biology "stable" means "dead". just like your slackware setup

Comment

Originally posted by BenjiWiebe View Post
      I should have made myself more clear about what I meant by the Unix way. The idea of one tool to do one task, and do it well. Systemd definitely does not focus on one small task.
      you definitely have no clue about systemd. systemd matches your unix way definition exactly. it's a collection of tools each doing one task well. what makes you think lines of shell script constitute separate tools but lines of unit file don't?

Comment

I have never once chosen to use systemd, as sysvinit exceeds my expectations, and I wish to avoid certain system stability problems common when running systemd.
        lol, you have very low expectations and broken system, on which systemd has some stability problems. maybe it's time to stop breaking your systems?

Comment

You've never seen the boot screen for MX? https://trisquel.info/files/Screenshot-4_0.png
          Really works, exactly as I described. Very stable, and fast.
          liar, you described it as having stability issues with systemd. my distro indeed very stable and fast. and not "very stable with systemd stability issues" like your shit

Comment

Originally posted by k1e0x View Post
            The reason people say that is because the philosophy is for a program to be small, do one thing and do it well. Systemd does not fit that description
            only for imbeciles confusing systemd project with systemd program
            Systemd is anything but simple too
            for imbeciles - sure
            if you want honest to god simple try real Unix like FreeBSD
            moron, freebsd is one project just like systemd. if freebsd is "simple and does one thing" than systemd is even simpler and has smaller scope
            For example: perhaps you need a NTP server. The box's entire purpose in life is to run ntp and nothing else. systemd seems overly complex
            only for moron who can't compare freebsd to systemd and understand that freebsd is much more complex than systemd
            it will take less than an hour to setup
            i forgot when was last time when new linux box setup required more than 10 minutes of wall clock time(my time is even less)

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
              there exactly two such imbeciles in addition to you as of now
              . lol .

Comment

Working...
              X