X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ue-since-2005/

Comment

No mention of Solaris at all.

Why are we feeding this troll? https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC.a...mh%2bRJc1QQ%3d

Comment

Oracle's revenue, but in unreadable form. I have something better:

Oracle annual/quarterly revenue history and growth rate from 2010 to 2024. Revenue can be defined as the amount of money a company receives from its customers in exchange for the sales of goods or services. Revenue is the top line item on an income statement from which all costs and expenses are subtracted to arrive at net income. Oracle revenue for the quarter ending February 29, 2024 was $13.280B, a 7.11% increase year-over-year. Oracle revenue for the twelve months ending February 29, 2024 was $52.510B, a 9.49% increase year-over-year. Oracle annual revenue for 2023 was $49.954B, a 17.7% increase from 2022. Oracle annual revenue for 2022 was $42.44B, a 4.84% increase from 2021. Oracle annual revenue for 2021 was $40.479B, a 3.61% increase from 2020.

Oracle Corporation is a global provider of enterprise cloud computing and is empowering businesses of all sizes on their journey of digital transformation. Oracle Cloud provides leading-edge capabilities in Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Data as a Service (DaaS). Oracle's security solutions enable organizations to implement and manage consistent security policies across the hybrid data center. Oracle security cloud services make leading security technologies available everywhere to organizations large and small. Oracle Cloud Platform enables developers, IT professionals, and business leaders to develop, extend, connect, and secure cloud applications, share data, and gain insights across applications and devices. Oracle's application suites, platforms, and infrastructure leverage both the latest technologies and emerging ones, including artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, blockchain, and Internet of Things (IoT).
        Too bad there's no even Solaris mentioned, so I'm still waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Spam View Post
          No mention of Solaris at all.

Why are we feeding this troll?
          Yep, there's no point in wasting our time. Trolls used to be better in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
            A single Linux kernel supported 4096 CPUs years ago. How many slowlarises you saw? How many cores does Solaris support?
            M8 HW can fit up to 16 M8 CPU sockets. Each one is 32 cores and each core is with up 16/8 hardware threads. 16*16*32=8192. It fits in single 48U rack.

You are talking about single system HW on which is used as partitioned system with separated Linux kernel working inside of each of those partitions.
            That hardware is used that way because biggest problem is to provide fast enough low latency interconnects between all those systems. If you will look closer on that HW you will find that avg bandwidth used is about 100Kb/s to few Mb/s. All those interconnects are mostly used by MPI horizontally scaled HPC applications.

So .. no this not what I've been talking about

I'm taking about thousands of CPU HW with terabytes of RAM working under SIS (SIS stands for Single Image System).
            Most of those systems are used as platform not for HPC but for in-memory databases. With Solaris and compressed ARC on systems with 16-32TB of RAM you may fit in memory database which total size is bigger than total installed size of installed RAM. Oracle DB with columnar compression on some databases provides can provide +10 times compression ratio.
            There are some number of big databases which does not scale at all across many smaller physical system and must be installed on single instance HW.
            Mostly that kind of databases today are used by telecoms (try for example to think about finding quickly route to the exact mobile phone handset when you are dialling exact number)

Comment

while:

how thin slowlaris market is?
              Only few tents billions $ ..

Comment

Originally posted by kloczek View Post
                M8 HW can fit up to 16 M8 CPU sockets. Each one is 32 cores and each core is with up 16/8 hardware threads. 16*16*32=8192. It fits in single 48U rack.
                Ok, the last feeding. I don't care about hardware capacity, but I asked for Solaris number of CPUs support. Furthermore, it states the M8 scales up to 256 cores.

You are talking about single system HW on which is used as partitioned system with separated Linux kernel working inside of each of those partitions.
                That hardware is used that way because biggest problem is to provide fast enough low latency interconnects between all those systems. If you will look closer on that HW you will find that avg bandwidth used is about 100Kb/s to few Mb/s. All those interconnects are mostly used by MPI horizontally scaled HPC applications.
                No, I'm talking about the number of CPUs a single Linux kernel supports.

So .. no this not what I've been talking about
                It's funny, because I'm feeling the same.

I'm taking about thousands of CPU HW with terabytes of RAM working under SIS (SIS stands for Single Image System).
                Most of those systems are used as platform not for HPC but for in-memory databases. With Solaris and compressed ARC on systems with 16-32TB of RAM you may fit in memory database which total size is bigger than total installed size of installed RAM. Oracle DB with columnar compression on some databases provides can provide +10 times compression ratio.
                There are some number of big databases which does not scale at all across many smaller physical system and must be installed on single instance HW.
                Mostly that kind of databases today are used by telecoms (try for example to think about finding quickly route to the exact mobile phone handset when you are dialling exact number)
                And for a single image system there's such support I wrote earlier. Ps. why are you pasting some old thread bullshit?
                Last edited by Volta; 07 June 2020, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Only few tents billions $ ..
                  You're still repeating Oracle market value which is something far different.

Comment

And for a single image system there's such support I wrote earlier. Ps. why are you pasting some old thread bullshit?
                    OK.
                    Could you please point on documentation of that system?

Comment

OK.
                      Could you please point on documentation of that system?
                      Of course:

Comment

Working...
                      X