Linux 5.6-rc2 Released - Led By Documentation + Tooling Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CommunityMember View Post

I am not sure it will help your specific issue, but as I recall, for the kernel bugzilla, if your account preferences are set to allow markdown composition (the default is to not support it) you may be able to use markdown formatting (and there are a number of editors, converters, and online forms that will convert formatted text to markdown syntax).
    Aha! You were correct, thank you for the info. The default is to not even allow markdown, and just jumble everything together no matter what one does, which is even more ridiculous than I originally thought

In any case, once I set my preferences to allow markdown, and then discovered that the kernel bugs markdown is different than the AUR markdown, I was finally able to file my bug, number 206579.

There's a high likelihood that some developer will deride me for something about my bug report anyway, but at least I have the satisfaction of knowing I spent 2+ hours filing it, and have done my Linux duty for the night/day

EDIT:
    Oh wow, the devs actually took my report seriously and one (Alex Williamson) left a comment that they're bisecting the problem and suspect some of the new APICv code. And no one complained about the construction or content of my report at all! I think all those years when Linus acted like a raving maniacal 10 year old school yard bully, and encouraged others to do the same, made me so paranoid to communicate with Linux devs that I'm not recognizing the recent change in Linus might be filtering down. I hope so. I actually tried to become a regular Linux developer in my mid 30s but was so put off by their "Lord of the Flies" mentality that I quit after less than a week.
    Last edited by muncrief; 18 February 2020, 02:29 PM. Reason: Added recent developer response.

Comment

WIFI is not detected on the 5.6 kernels with an ASRock X399M motherboard (Intel 802.11ac WiFi). I remember seeing that someone mentioned before that it broke back in a 5.x kernel.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesam View Post
        WIFI is not detected on the 5.6 kernels with an ASRock X399M motherboard (Intel 802.11ac WiFi). I remember seeing that someone mentioned before that it broke back in a 5.x kernel.
        The patch still didn't reach upstream yet? I remember someone saying the fix was already proposed.

Comment

Working...
        X