Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.4.7 / 4.19.92 / 4.14.161 Bringing The AMD MCE Fix For New Threadripper CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.4.7 / 4.19.92 / 4.14.161 Bringing The AMD MCE Fix For New Threadripper CPUs

Phoronix: Linmux 5.4.7 / 4.19.92 / 4.14.161 Bringing The AMD MCE Fix For New Threadripper CPUs

With the recently launched Threadripper 3960X / 3970X processors there was a workaround needed to boot them on Linux until an AMD MCE driver issue was resolved. That patch was upstreamed last week into the Linux 5.5 development kernel while now is getting ready to make its debut into supported Linux stable release branches...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool. Will it make it into the Ubuntu LTS kernel though? (4.15)

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
      Cool. Will it make it into the Ubuntu LTS kernel though? (4.15)
      Possibly with a future HWE update (which is the usual way Canonical provides new hardware support for LTS releases). While it is a small patch, I don't know if it will make the Feb 2020 HWE (the timing is bad), but if you really need this fix you probably should work with your Canonical support team under your service contract to make sure the priority is set appropriately.

Comment

Originally posted by CommunityMember View Post
        Possibly with a future HWE update (which is the usual way Canonical provides new hardware support for LTS releases). While it is a small patch, I don't know if it will make the Feb 2020 HWE (the timing is bad), but if you really need this fix you probably should work with your Canonical support team under your service contract to make sure the priority is set appropriately.
        Me giving money to Canonical? That's a good one. If they don't support current hardware properly, that's not my concern. Just one more argument I can come up with when trying to convince devs to switch to Fedora.

Comment

So Fedora has better hardware drivers than Ubuntu? Don't they all use the kernel drivers and firmware blobs anyway?!

Comment

Working...
          X