SUSE Continues Working On Linux Core Scheduling For Better Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUSE Continues Working On Linux Core Scheduling For Better Security

Phoronix: SUSE Continues Working On Linux Core Scheduling For Better Security

SUSE and other companies like DigitalOcean have been working on Linux core scheduling to make virtualization safer particularly in light of security vulnerabilities like L1TF and MDS. The core scheduling work is about ensuring different VMs don't share a HT sibling but rather only the same VM / trusted applications run on siblings of a core...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The fundamental flaws of some hardware designs...
    Highly unlikely that the optimal security solution is the most performant one.

So now we get a never-ending story of crap making its way into core kernel components.
    The purist in me gets depressed when broken hardware affects core stuff, not just peripheral devices.

So now we all suffer, because software always has to deal with shitty hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by milkylainen View Post
      The fundamental flaws of some hardware designs...
      Highly unlikely that the optimal security solution is the most performant one.

So now we get a never-ending story of crap making its way into core kernel components.
      The purist in me gets depressed when broken hardware affects core stuff, not just peripheral devices.

So now we all suffer, because software always has to deal with shitty hardware.
      I like your implicit assumption that a more secure hardware design would not have similar performance penalties, and that this isn't one of the main reasons Intel went full steam ahead even if they did know it was not 100% secure.

Comment

Are the same or similar benchmark results independent of cpu choice vis, AMD versus Intel.?

Comment

Working...
        X