Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenVPN 3 Linux Beta 5 Builds Against OpenSSL By Default, Configuration Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenVPN 3 Linux Beta 5 Builds Against OpenSSL By Default, Configuration Improvements

Phoronix: OpenVPN 3 Linux Beta 5 Builds Against OpenSSL By Default, Configuration Improvements

The OpenVPN 3 Linux client has been in the works for a number of months with some big features including a rewrite in C++11, exposing a D-Bus interface that yields a number of usability improvements, better DNS configuration, and various other enhancements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think you missed a e "mbed TLS" in my mind that should read "embed TLS" Unless there happens to be a TLS I don't know the name of.

Comment

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post
      I think you missed a e "mbed TLS" in my mind that should read "embed TLS" Unless there happens to be a TLS I don't know the name of.
      Project implements cryptographic primitives, X.509 certificate manipulation and the SSL/TLS and DTLS protocols.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post
        mbedTLS is default in OpenWrt afaik. Or it is at least available as a lighter backend than the usual suspects.

Comment

including a rewrite in C++11 ... D-Bus interface ... DNS configuration, and various other enhancements ... OpenSSL (v1.0) by default
          Let's hope wireguard would soon get mainlined to Linux, so this enterprise-grade moinstrosity could be thrown to hell, where it belongs to. Mr Torvalds been so damn right about calling openvpn "horror" or so.

Comment

Working...
          X