Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACPI 6.3 Support Coming With The Linux 5.1 Kernel

Phoronix: ACPI 6.3 Support Coming With The Linux 5.1 Kernel

Version 6.3 of the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) was just recently published by the UEFI Forum and support for this latest ACPI revision is on the way with the Linux 5.1 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

yay, more fancy & overcomplicated stuff that will not be working quite right :-/

Comment

Is there a way to check what ACPI version your device is?

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
        Is there a way to check what ACPI version your device is?
        I don't know. But it might say on motherboard manual or in the motherboard UEFI setup screen.
        From within Linux such information might be available somewhere under the /sys/ pseudo-directory or by tools such has "lshw".
        Also maybe outputted by "dmesg". Try "dmesg | grep acpi" or something.

Comment

Originally posted by rene View Post
          yay, more fancy & overcomplicated stuff that will not be working quite right :-/
          Agree, ACPI solves relatively simple problem with quite complicated way. What is more worse is that its reference library implementation ACPICA is a nightmare when it comes to use.

Having a clean simple reference library for ACPI would definitely make easier to understand this technology.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

I don't know. But it might say on motherboard manual or in the motherboard UEFI setup screen.
            From within Linux such information might be available somewhere under the /sys/ pseudo-directory or by tools such has "lshw".
            Also maybe outputted by "dmesg". Try "dmesg | grep acpi" or something.
            I tried that before posting, I didn't see anything that looked related to the ACPI version number

Comment

Working...
            X