Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The I3C Subsystem Seeks To Be Included In Linux 4.21

Phoronix: The I3C Subsystem Seeks To Be Included In Linux 4.21

The I3C subsystem had sought to be included in Linux 4.20, but ultimately it was rejected for being too late in the cycle for introducing a brand new subsystem. But now it's requested to be pulled into the upcoming Linux 4.21 merge window...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice. Well, interesting, but the questions is, where is the hardware that could use it. AFAIK there is no solid announcement, much less for any chipset that anyone could care for...

Comment

Originally posted by Brane215 View Post
      Nice. Well, interesting, but the questions is, where is the hardware that could use it. AFAIK there is no solid announcement, much less for any chipset that anyone could care for...
      It's backward compatible with I2C and it seems that most future microcontrollers and embedded systems are planning on supporting it. So, it's still ready to use from day 1.

Comment

This is great!

Also Microsoft recently announced cross-platform support for I2C and GPIO in .NET Core using System.Devices.Gpio.

I hope now they can now add I3C too!

Would be cool if the upcoming Raspberry Pi 4 had i3C, but I doubt it.

Comment

Working...
        X