Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.19.4 & 4.14.83 Released With STIBP Code Dropped

Phoronix: Linux 4.19.4 & 4.14.83 Released With STIBP Code Dropped

On Friday marked the release of the Linux 4.19.4 kernel as well as 4.14.83 and 4.9.139...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Actually 4.9.140 fixed it, GKH missed it

Comment

It would be nice if live kernel patching could be done for all Linux distributions so that servers do not have to reboot so frequently. I do not mean Ubuntu's Live Patching service that requires me to have an email address.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
        It would be nice if live kernel patching could be done for all Linux distributions so that servers do not have to reboot so frequently. I do not mean Ubuntu's Live Patching service that requires me to have an email address.
        Free Ubuntu Live Patch is limited to one machine per account. So you'd need a separae account for every machine you want to have live patching.

Comment

Perhaps I should mention "with the exception of Ubuntu's live patching" as I don't want to have separate email addresses for each server. I do meant "open-source live patching" that is not Canonical's.

Comment

Good job for dropping this nightmare code!

Comment

4.19 is already at 4.19.4, yet Debian maintainers didn't upload it beyond rc7. I start worrying they don't plan to before the freeze.

Comment

Working...
              X