No announcement yet.

MuQSS Scheduler Updated, Linux 4.19-ck1 Drops BFQ I/O Scheduler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just removing the single queue scheduler? Because isn't the mq one for BFQ in mainline? I can understand not wanting to maintain the sq one but sounds bit odd to remove the mainilned mq BFQ scheduler though? Can't see that having any real benefit.

Bit sad though, BFQ is nice for desktop, afaik it provides responsiveness, so latency and I/O thoroughput may not always be the best for use cases out of desktop usage?

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post
      Is it just removing the single queue scheduler? Because isn't the mq one for BFQ in mainline? I can understand not wanting to maintain the sq one but sounds bit odd to remove the mainilned mq BFQ scheduler though? Can't see that having any real benefit.

Bit sad though, BFQ is nice for desktop, afaik it provides responsiveness, so latency and I/O thoroughput may not always be the best for use cases out of desktop usage?
      He's just not making BFQ the default anymore, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post

He's just not making BFQ the default anymore, that's all.
        Thanks for the clarification, I looked at the article again and it makes no mention of that. It pretty much indicates it's being removed. The linked blogpost however adds the mention of dropping BFQ [as the default]. Dat bad reporting by Michael

Comment

Working...
        X