Linux 4.20-rc2 Released With EXT4 Bug Fixes, New NVIDIA Turing USB-C Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.20-rc2 Released With EXT4 Bug Fixes, New NVIDIA Turing USB-C Driver

Phoronix: Linux 4.20-rc2 Released With EXT4 Bug Fixes, New NVIDIA Turing USB-C Driver

Linus Torvalds put out the second weekly test release of the Linux 4.29 kernel and all-around it's been a normal week past the merge window...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does anyone know what happened to Debian's unstable / testing kernels? They are falling behind. Is it related to the upcoming freeze? Nothing was uploaded even to experimental for a long time already.

Comment

Will those fixes be backported to 4.19 soonish? Maybe 4.19.2?

Comment

The build for 4.20-rc2 for Ubuntu failed like for rc1, how to bypass the problem?

Comment

4.19 is a LTS release so they definitely will at some point even if they don't make it into 4.19.2.

Comment

the major problem is that hard drives seem to suffer during activities and if the amount of RAM begin to decrease the space, the activity of hard drive begins to be so intense to block the operating system. I have an XP old machine and the process to manage the hard drive is light without any noise and without any stress. Was the patch to improve the I/O speed up to 400% ever implemented? NO NEWS ABOUT THIS. Problem of linux OSs is the development or the developers.
            Last edited by Azrael5; 12 November 2018, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
              Problem of linux OSs is the development or the developers.
              You keep repeating this (in broken English I might add). If Linux is so sub-standard compared to Windows XP, feel free to go back to using it, and stop polluting these forums with your drivel.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

"16. Don't use debug kernels. Debug kernels are slow."

Conclusion: Use a custom non debug 1000Hz timer kernel from kernel.org and from other sources. How to create Debian kernel packages, see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3AxgH2bbsE
                They are talking about slow boot times. Nobody cares about your non debug kernels, feel free to provide benchmarks showing no debug or 1000Hz has any kind of relevant performance impact.

Comment

Originally posted by sa666666 View Post

You keep repeating this (in broken English I might add). If Linux is so sub-standard compared to Windows XP, feel free to go back to using it, and stop polluting these forums with your drivel.
                  the kind of stupid answer by a cretin.

Comment

Originally posted by mumar1 View Post
                    The build for 4.20-rc2 for Ubuntu failed like for rc1, how to bypass the problem?
                    http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa...ine/v4.20-rc2/
                    Good news, I noticed today they just fixed the build.

4.20-rc1 also received the fix: http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa...ine/v4.20-rc1/

Comment

Working...
                    X