Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Biggest Features Of Linux 4.19: Intel/AMD, CoC, 802.11ax, EROFS, GPS & GASKET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Biggest Features Of Linux 4.19: Intel/AMD, CoC, 802.11ax, EROFS, GPS & GASKET

Phoronix: The Biggest Features Of Linux 4.19: Intel/AMD, CoC, 802.11ax, EROFS, GPS & GASKET

With the Linux 4.19 kernel set to be released next weekend, here's a recap of the most prominent features to be found in this next kernel release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I am here because of the pic attached to this article's tweet.

Comment

And it's supposed to be the next -longterm kernel according to: https://www.kernel.org/category/releases.html

Comment

Originally posted by klapaucius View Post
        I am here because of the pic attached to this article's tweet.
        context https://twitter.com/phoronix/status/1052159896915984385

it is an awesome pic!

Comment

GCN 1.1 hardware still isn't defaulting to the AMDGPU driver but rather the older Radeon driver.

Comment

almost nothing new, looks more a stable kernel realease

Comment

Okay, question. So, I know there are "forks" of Linux, such as Linux-libre, where only drivers and such that do not require *any* proprietary blobs are allowed in the kernel tree. And some Linux distro's such as Trisquel use that kernel.
              Is it possible, or permissible for someone to create a "soft-fork" of the kernel without the CoC(Code of Conduct)? Since, a large number of people are not happy with said CoC?

Comment

Originally posted by mzs.112000 View Post
                Is it possible, or permissible for someone to create a "soft-fork" of the kernel without the CoC(Code of Conduct)? Since, a large number of people are not happy with said CoC?
                Fork the kernel before said commit. Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by jukk View Post

Fork the kernel before said commit. Have fun.
                  I was not implying that I wanted to nor was going to fork the kernel. I was simply looking for answers to, would such a thing be feasible, or gain traction. Because, I do not/have not contributed to kernel development, the CoC does not affect me that much, and I myself am not willing to maintain a fork of a major project, over an issue that has no bearing on me.

Comment

Working...
                  X