The Linux Kernel Prepares To Be Further Locked Down When Under UEFI Secure Boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    Yes. Absolutely. Mankind has been smelting steel for a few hundred years now. We know exactly how steel melts. We have for a long time.
    fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      "free fall" isn't a speed. Terminal velocity is a speed.
      I should have said free fall acceleration. I'm sure you know that's what I meant. Thanks for pointing it out though.

Yeah it was totally an alien attack that caused that failure.
      -there was a fire
      -pics of the aftermath where the metal parts were collapsed
      I'm not sure what aliens have to do with this. You made a claim. Linked to a wikipedia that had the same claim. No evidence was given. Citation needed.

As for the rest of your post. I've considered that information and I'd love to share your belief, but I just can't do the mental gymnastics required to come to the same conclusion. Based on the, admittedly limited, knowledge I have, the claim that Building 7 collapsed near perfectly symmetrically, for a number of seconds at free fall acceleration because of asymmetrical fires and asymmetrical structural damage does not seem reasonable. When considered along with the video footage, all the other strange evidence and highly coincidentally happenings that occurred that day, the presented narrative for what happened to that building seems more fitting for a low-budget action movie than as a plausible explanation for the complete collapse of a skyscraper.

You're entitled to your view, but I don't share it.

Comment

Ulfberht swords are just one example.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
          Importing blades from Asia (which had better tech than most on this field, for example Damascus steel), and adding their own hilts on them, yeah right. It proves that trading was a great thing, not that smelting was as easy and widespread as you stated. Still no sign of Celts smelting left and right.

And still, crucible steel isn't comparable to modern steel as it still has a large carbon content (vs modern steel), while of course it was better than what they had before.

Only exception is Damascus steel as it seems to have undergone an unknown process that formed carbon nanotubes in the metal, so it becomes some kind of composite and doesn't behave like steel with relatively high carbon content.

But we are talking of the best, rarest and highest end stuff here. Not widespread, not common. Especially Damascus steel.

Comment

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post

I should have said free fall acceleration. I'm sure you know that's what I meant. Thanks for pointing it out though.

I'm not sure what aliens have to do with this. You made a claim. Linked to a wikipedia that had the same claim. No evidence was given. Citation needed.

As for the rest of your post. I've considered that information and I'd love to share your belief, but I just can't do the mental gymnastics required to come to the same conclusion. Based on the, admittedly limited, knowledge I have, the claim that Building 7 collapsed near perfectly symmetrically, for a number of seconds at free fall acceleration because of asymmetrical fires and asymmetrical structural damage does not seem reasonable. When considered along with the video footage, all the other strange evidence and highly coincidentally happenings that occurred that day, the presented narrative for what happened to that building seems more fitting for a low-budget action movie than as a plausible explanation for the complete collapse of a skyscraper.

One big problem will all these theories is that there is not a single shot of any of the buildings falling at free-fall (terminal velocity). In 100% of the videos and clips you can clearly see debris falling out of the falling building and this debris is falling faster than the piece of building it was falling out of, thus the debris is falling free-fall at terminal velocity but the buildings are not.

Buck Mulligan was once a big time 9/11 Truther when he by random chance happened to be seated next to an actual engineer at a flight one time, the molten steel beams came up and the engineer asked Buck "so tell me everything you know about steel beams" at which point Buck realised how very little he did know. So he went back to do real research and changed his mind completely:

Comment

Wut? What claim needs citations?
              That the building was on fire?
              That the metal part of the structure collapsed?

I've considered that information and I'd love to share your belief, but I just can't do the mental gymnastics required to come to the same conclusion.
              If you admit you can't grasp basic physics (inertia/momentum is a concept that should be easy to grasp) and can't see the similarities with at least 4-5 other cases where localized structural failures caused similar roughly symmerical collapses, this discussion is over.

That's fine, the point here is that you are trying to spread uninformed bullshit. If you didn't post bullshit I would have not reacted.

Comment

Wut? What claim needs citations?
                That the building was on fire?
                That the metal part of the structure collapsed?

If you admit you can't grasp basic physics (inertia/momentum is a concept that should be easy to grasp) and can't see the similarities with at least 4-5 other cases where localized structural failures caused similar roughly symmerical collapses, this discussion is over.

That's fine, the point here is that you are trying to spread uninformed bullshit. If you didn't post bullshit I would have not reacted.
                You have probably already seen this Starship, but if not there where a hilarious debate between the creators of the Loose Change "documentary" and real engineers from Popular Mechanics: . It's extremely funny to see just how little the Loose Change people know and how they constantly tries to avoid the hard questions

Comment

Originally posted by F.Ultra View Post

One big problem will all these theories is that there is not a single shot of any of the buildings falling at free-fall (terminal velocity). In 100% of the videos and clips you can clearly see debris falling out of the falling building and this debris is falling faster than the piece of building it was falling out of, thus the debris is falling free-fall at terminal velocity but the buildings are not.
                  For building 7 there is. Do some searching and you should video footage and analysis pretty quickly. Also, NIST admitted in some correspondence (with an AE 911 Truth guy I think), that they accept that Building 7 fell at free fall speed during some of its collapse. You should also be able to find that pretty easily if you search for it.

AE 911 Truth are a good source of info on the event. I wouldn't recommend the Loose Change guys.

I've noticed that many people who are unwilling or incapable of thinking outside of the bounds prescribes by their culture/authorities will seek to "debunk" the arguments of amateurs and then suggest something along the lines of "everyone who doesn't hold the view that my culture/authority-figure says is true is just like this stupid person I just debunked". I hope you're not that and you'll check out the AE 911 Truth stuff if you have interest in this topic.

Comment

they accept that Building 7 fell at free fall speed during some of its collapse.
                    That's normal, given the type of structural failure. If a floor fails nothing under it can realistically stop it, after a few floors that pancaked nothing can even slow its fall.

Modern buildings have much more weak points as the designers know modern engineering and don't waste material to give them very large tolerances where it would not matter.

If we were talking of old-school stuff with 1m-wide stone walls the story would be much different, but those can't become a skyscraper, you know.

Also please stop using "free fall speed" which is meaningless. Just using "free fall" is sufficient. For example, "Building 7 was in free fall during some of its collapse" is acceptable and does not give the impression you lack basic understanding of physics.

I've noticed that many people who are unwilling or incapable of thinking outside of the bounds prescribes by their culture/authorities
                    Ignore duby229, he is just a troll.

I hope you're not that and you'll check out the AE 911 Truth stuff if you have interest in this topic.
                    Would be cool to cite directly from relevant articles in there, not just pull a link to the main site.

Comment

Ignore duby229, he is just a troll.
                      Whoever felt it dealt it, you're a troll. My answers on this thread are 100% the truth, you answers on this thread are your own opinion and logical fallacy.

Comment

Working...
                      X