Nextcloud 13 Released With Better Interface, End-To-End Encryption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nextcloud 13 Released With Better Interface, End-To-End Encryption

Phoronix: Nextcloud 13 Released With Better Interface, End-To-End Encryption

The ownCloud-forked Nextcloud software for file hosting and communication is out with their latest major release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The Tasks app is not updated yet, so if you use that you might want to hold off updating for now.

Comment

Staying with ownCloud myself. I haven't seen any compelling reason to use this fork.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
        Staying with ownCloud myself. I haven't seen any compelling reason to use this fork.
        All the owncloud developers went to nextcloud... so it's basically dead.

Comment

Oh look, yet another open source project implementing "Code of Conduct" also better known as "don't wrongthink or we'll kick you out and lie to your employer" yay

Comment

I used it and enjoyed it, despite some limitations which are disappearing as it matures. And its inclusion in distros like nethserver make it a pretty compelling SOHO product. I can overlook personal issues if their usefulness keeps up to boot.
            Hi

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
              ..despite some limitations..
              What kind of limitations? I'm considering to run Nextcloud myself, any opinions on it vs Seafile?

Comment

Originally posted by Redfoxmoon View Post
                Oh look, yet another open source project implementing "Code of Conduct" also better known as "don't wrongthink or we'll kick you out and lie to your employer" yay
                Details?

Comment

Originally posted by macemoneta View Post
                  The Tasks app is not updated yet, so if you use that you might want to hold off updating for now.
                  You can edit the app.info file to make it work with 13. It seems compatible though only tested with light usage. The actual update should come shortly going by whats said over on github.

Comment

NextCloud is quickly becoming one of the most important feature of the FLOSS stack.
                    Great work. And great ppl.

Comment

Working...
                    X