X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aksdb
    replied
    Originally posted by KRiloshart View Post
    Solus is doing things that should have been done by major distros with resources like Ubuntu years ago. I like how solus doesn't polarize the community I wish Ubuntu had this simple sense.
    Ubuntu was already offering me a driver manager where I could simply switch from MESA to Nvidia or AMD binary drivers.
    As far as I remember SUSE Linux has similar capabilities with YAST.

Anyway, nice that Solus offers that simplicity now as well. That's currently the only distribution that might lure me away from my long term relationship with ArchLinux ;-)

Leave a comment:

• KRiloshart
    replied
    Solus is doing things that should have been done by major distros with resources like Ubuntu years ago. I like how solus doesn't polarize the community I wish Ubuntu had this simple sense.

Leave a comment:

• Gibb
    replied
    First Linux steam integration, now driver management. Solus being one of the newest distros contributing to Linux in making Linux experience more user friendly. Great job guys! Your distro is taking it to the next level!

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Solus Releases Linux Driver Management 1.0

Solus Releases Linux Driver Management 1.0

Phoronix: Solus Releases Linux Driver Management 1.0

The Solus Project this week released Linux Driver Management 1.0, a library created by this innovative Linux distribution for enumerating system components and detecting matches between said components and packages/drivers providing additional functionality...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X