No announcement yet.

Fedora 26 To Be Released Next Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for being lazy and not checking for myself: are 3rd party repos ready for F26 yet? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by onicsis View Post
      As if this the only one and only bug in entier SystemD.
      There are other SystemD bugs out there, even more serious than this and not on ARM, but on x86_64.
      The bug in question wasn't even a bug, so I sure hope you're talking about something more serious than that. Strange that it's running smoothly on all the systems I've maintained the past few years since switching to it.

The main bug which is cross platform and remain untouched - developers sh* attitude.
      That's why SystemD get so much "love"
      So far in this debate I've only seen ignorant users with a sh* attitude. Like in this case where someone bombs a Fedora topic with nonsense.

Oh and you're consistently spelling systemd wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by onicsis View Post

As if this the only one and only bug in entier SystemD.
        There are other SystemD bugs out there, even more serious than this and not on ARM, but on x86_64.

The main bug which is cross platform and remain untouched - developers sh* attitude.
        That's why SystemD get so much "love"
        their attitude is ok. it's the attitude of the "we-know-better-than-you-pa-is-bad-avahi-is-bad-systemd-ruined-my-life!!!1!" demanding linux users who actualy know no shit or dont want to do constructive contributions that sucks..

years ago, as a maintainer of the systemd package for a small (500k+ users) embedded distribution I had to send a pull request that fixes a bug related to that same shit amlogic 3.14 (or 3.10, I dont remember) kernel. systemd developers said "we dont pretend to support such old kernels but the fix is correct", sorta, and I've got it merged in matter of hours. so again - their attitude was just fine!

now, please stop posting nonsense. your words are not worth a cent. better start contributing now or stfu. thank you
        Last edited by stefansaraev; 07 July 2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ermo View Post

Come join the light side. We have cookies. =)
          I like cookies! But not those in my browsing history!
          Last edited by DebianXFCE Jr; 09 July 2017, 01:17 PM.

Comment

The funniest part here is that almost everyone sticked to sestem500-Palpatine issue rather than: is F26 really ready to hit release stage.

Comment

Originally posted by arokh View Post

How is it systemd's fault that ARM SoC's have shitty support? You need help man, never in my life have I seen such an ignorant and furious noob and I've been a Linux user since 1995.
              +1. Tired of people pissed off at the wrong groups. SoC's have a notorious history of dropping crappy hacked kernel sources and walking away. "Just enough to get one kernel working once".

To all the systemd haters out there:
              * Yeah, it's change. As is life, always learn new things.
              * No, systemd is not perfect.
              * Yes, bugs exist. Help fix the obscure ones instead of bitching about them like you personally pay the systemd developers.
              * Yes, it tries to takeover all the things. (see below)

In the bigger picture, systemd is trying to herd a shit-ton of cats into a common system management framework. The more common ground we can get, the better the Linux ecosystem becomes for developers, and the less work for package maintainers. Systemd is super quirky from the old school ops perspective.

Personally, once my old grumpy ops ass figured out the magic of systemctl and journalctl working the same across all distros that leverage systemd, I saw the light and got the motivation to learn it end to end a year or two ago. Plus, writing systemd service units is a breeze.
              Last edited by kallisti5; 09 July 2017, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X