Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suberimakuri View Post
    Good to see the stats.
    Testing with back ports is probably a good compromise if unstable is too changeable.
    I believe you're missing something, testing doesn't have a backports repository.

Instead, I use a mix of testing, unstable and experimental on my laptop, being testing the default and unstable and experimental pinned down so they don't break my system.
    This sources.list schema requires some knowledge about the state of the packages to prevent you from breaking your own system.

For example: I pretty much never update gnome from unstable, I did yesterday but i was pretty aware of the state of the migration and knew what could go wrong. I always use the packages libreoffice and firefox from unstable. And experimental packages are a pretty rare case, I believe i have one or two of them.

PS.: Actually my sources.list is quite more "messed up" than this because i deal with packaging (i have kali repositories), but that's not the case.

Comment

Sorry, yes I mixed that up, thanks for correction.
      Stable with backports is what I meant to say.
      I would do either that or unstable, rather than testing. That's my personal preference.
      You have highlighted that as an advanced user you use a mix of sources.
      All good.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

I tested gearsongallium live on bare metal with A8-7600. TR2013 benchmark is 5-10 fps slower than with wine-staging csmt. I could not compile nine stuff from sources that are huge. Nine packages does not exists for Debian testing.
        Actually, the patch is quite small, I update my wine-git with it every couple of days. If you want to try it again, here is an auto-generated patch, which you can apply on top of wine from git: https://github.com/NP-Hardass/wine-d3d9-patches

Or, if you'd like to work only with released versions, here are patches (vanilla and staging): https://github.com/sarnex/wine-d3d9-patches

Comment

I guess it would make more sense to test GCNs. I mean, "stock" support of GCNs in Debian 8.x is hardly good, so upgrading it should improve things considerably

Comment

FWIW: 11.2.2 has landed in unstable for i386 (steam) and amd64 yesterday.

Comment

Working...
            X