OpenWRT Gets Forked By Some Of Its Own Developers As LEDE Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Consider that there are gigabit eth tri-external-antenna wifi-n routers with usb ports supported by openwrt that sell for 20$.
    Unless it's paramount for the human survival on the planet, I'm more inclined to replace the obsolete crap with that instead of jumping through hoops for weeks to get them running like garbage.
    I wasn't talking about actually using a WRT54Gv5 today, that would be insane. I was speaking of hacking small embedded devices for the fun of it, like running OpenWRT on something like a washing machine (which would be awesome but has little to no practical use). For instance, I ran Linux on my Nintendo DS. It was fun to have busybox right there in my pocket and squeezing in a usable X server was a challenge, all on a device with a limited WiFi chip incapable of WPA. Working with the limits of the device is what made it fun despite again having little to no practical use.

Comment

LEDE's github is up now, and they accept pull requests on it. https://github.com/lede-project/source

"Please send your PRs against this tree. They will be merged via staging trees and appear in this tree once the staging trees get merged back into source.git"

if you wanted to fix something from OpenWRT now you can.

Comment

Working...
      X