Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 16.10's YY Codename Revealed

Phoronix: Ubuntu 16.10's YY Codename Revealed

Mark Shuttleworth has posted a very short blog post where he seems to reveal the Ubuntu 16.10 codename...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

what a LAME name. an i thought Fedora's was bad, this takes the cake

Comment

Yakety Sax?

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
        How can this codename be anything but AWESOME! I think I would be disappointed if it was not named this

Comment

Talk about going off the rails.

So are there any distros out there that actually care about the user experience?

Comment

Originally posted by emblemparade View Post
            Nope
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post

So are there any distros out there that actually care about the user experience?
              Give Fedora a try. Fedora has releases roughly every six months like Ubuntu but it more closely follows GNOME upstream. Rather than going their own way like Canonical with Mir, Fedora is working with the broader free software community to complete the few missing pieces of Wayland. (GNOME on Wayland is fairly solid on Fedora 23 and supposedly even better with Fedora 24).

Fedora is available in desktop ("workstation"), server, and cloud flavors.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
                C'mon nobody will ever beat The Beefy Miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post

Slackware, obv

Comment

Is this in reference to Arnold in the movie twins? Oh yeah and he sings that song from the coasters.

Comment

Working...
                    X