Fedora 24 Alpha Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the clarification.

BTW, any ETA for RPM Fusion? Normally the RPM Fusion Branched repositories opened somewhere between F?? Alpha and F?? Beta, but last release was vastly different (and for the worse, I simply refused to install Fedora until RPM Fusion was ready) In fact, rpmfusion-*-rawhide is still at F22.

Comment

Sorry, I really don't follow Fusion these days and have no idea. The Fusion mailing list may have some info on where they're up to.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
        So old users must wipe the drive with this?
        https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading Upgrading directly using yum or DNF
        Not a recommended upgrade method

What an antique os.
        As always, you are quick to make broad statements based on little, if any, solid information.
        I've been updating dozens of Fedora netbooks, notebooks, workstations, servers and VMs via preupgrade / fedup / dnf systemupgrade since Fedora 10 (Released back in 2008).
        E.g. This machine (that used to type this) was original Fedora 12 (2010?) and has seen each and every Fedora release till Fedora 23 - all using preupgrade / fedup.

BTW, Have you considered that by making such false statements and by looking (more-and-more) like yet-another-troll, you're actually hurting the cause (Debian, XFCE, no-PA, no-NM, no-systemd etc) that you are trying to promote?

- Gilboa
        Last edited by gilboa; 30 March 2016, 08:50 AM.
        oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
        oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
        oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
        Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Thank you all for your information So we should use DNF System upgrade plugin in order to do so.
          I have another question which is more general (not only for Fedora) : I read the Upgrading page on fedoraproject.org but it stills doesn't answer my following question : if we have an Alpha/Beta version of Fedora installed, how to "upgrade" to the final version when it'll be released ?

Comment

Working...
          X