No announcement yet.

More Fedora 24 Changes Being Discussed: Glibc 2.23, Graphical System Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Fedora 24 Changes Being Discussed: Glibc 2.23, Graphical System Upgrades

Phoronix: More Fedora 24 Changes Being Discussed: Glibc 2.23, Graphical System Upgrades

More of the proposed Fedora 24 changes were mailed out this morning to the Fedora development list for discussion ahead of FESCo officially deciding on whether the changes will make the cut for the next Fedora Linux release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting thing is the Feature page states that this is for upgrades from Fedora 23 -> Fedoa 24.

As this feature does not AFAIK currently exist in Gnome-software 3.18, it will need to be backported (to either gnome-software 3.18/Fedora 23) to allow such upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by You- View Post
      Interesting thing is the Feature page states that this is for upgrades from Fedora 23 -> Fedoa 24.

As this feature does not AFAIK currently exist in Gnome-software 3.18, it will need to be backported (to either gnome-software 3.18/Fedora 23) to allow such upgrades.
      This was already decided. Fedora 23 will get Gnome Software 3.20, but no other part of the 3.20 stack. This will allow upgrades from 23 to 24, and 23 to 25. This is NOT being backported to 22 and so will be the exception to the "we support n-2 upgrades now." However upgrades via dnf system-upgrade should still work to go from 22 to 24
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

with this new GUI, one wonders how this process will go from f23 to f24 considering the new RPMDB will be in F24.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
          with this new GUI, one wonders how this process will go from f23 to f24 considering the new RPMDB will be in F24.
          So? RPM can still read the older database format. Its not an automatic change, at least not yet. Switching to the new format requires doing a rebuilddb or some other method of wiping out and recreating the database
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Working...
          X