Ubuntu 15.10 Just Hit Its Final Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sabun View Post

I really hope that someone will rescue us with a PPA...
    I hope so as well... as compiling your own 32bit LLVM 3.7 `.deb` on a 64bit Ubuntu is rather tedious :-(

So Ubuntu is effectively skipping the LLVM 3.7 release in 15.10 and for the next 16.04 LTS they're gonna have to do a major jump to a totally new LLVM 3.8 or even LLVM 3.9...

Comment

I hope to see LLVM 3.7, Blender 2.75a, and Chromium 45.

Comment

Canonical are doing well in Server and cloud, the Ubuntu desktop and the Ubuntu vapourphone are excellent marketing tools for Server and Cloud.

Comment

As a Xubuntu user, there really is nothing compelling to go from 15.04 to 15.10, but I'll probably do it a week or two after final release anyway just to have a kernel that starts with "4", not that it matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
            Hard to care after discovering Fedora

LLVM 3.7, XOrg 1.18, and kernel 4.2 are already in F23 beta, and GCC 5.1 and kernel 4.1 are already in F22.
            Are you using KF5? I had a problem in F23, that I couldn't change how my mouse acceleration behaved. No matter what settings I used, it would still have that wacky default acceleration.

Also, what's the best way to install AMD's proprietary Catalyst on Fedora?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Amarildo View Post
              Also, what's the best way to install AMD's proprietary Catalyst on Fedora?

Comment

Thanks! I got catalyst working on OpenSUSE, though :P

Comment

Working...
                X