X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System firmware updates?

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
      If Fedora 23 does not display the middle finger emoji ( 🖕 ) out of the box, it's not compliant with Unicode 8.0.
      The emoji displays fine on the F21 machine I'm typing this on, so I think it should work in later versions too. You're safe to upgrade

Comment

> python 3 by default

It should be clarified that this only means that a subset of applications which support running under Python2 and Python3 and don't care which one is used were switched to run under Python 3. This includes most of those that are on the install dvd, and applications where the maintainers decided to switch. It does not mean that /usr/bin/python stopped being python 2.7.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

Can you rephrase that?

right now, when new fedora 23 will be released, there will be two upgrade paths. either Install and update with 23 iso or fedup (if fedup is still in play, i don't know based on what it was said not so long ago).

now the question. when 24 hits will Project Atomic take over the job of fedup or not and simply allow moving on to new and shiny? more like timed rolling release

note, i'm not really familiar with Project Atomic or how it is used in Fedora. so, my question might be completely off the track.

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post

right now, when new fedora 23 will be released, there will be two upgrade paths. either Install and update with 23 iso or fedup (if fedup is still in play, i don't know based on what it was said not so long ago).

now the question. when 24 hits will Project Atomic take over the job of fedup or not and simply allow moving on to new and shiny? more like timed rolling release

note, i'm not really familiar with Project Atomic or how it is used in Fedora. so, my question might be completely off the track.
            Project Atomic = Docker/Container support

Now you know... and knowing is half the battle.

Comment

There is no upgrade path using ISO images anymore and there hasn't been one since Fedora 18 release FYI

Project atomic isn't a fedup replacement. It is a project to deliver an operating system that acts as a suitable platform for containers.

The workstation variant of it is described at

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by zbyszek View Post

The emoji displays fine on the F21 machine I'm typing this on, so I think it should work in later versions too. You're safe to upgrade
                I don't think your setup consists of only the default fonts.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post

I don't think your setup consists of only the default fonts.
                  All that I get for his emoji is a square box for a missing character symbol. I'm running Fedora 22. It must be an extra font.

Comment

Originally posted by Zan Lynx View Post
                    All that I get for his emoji is a square box for a missing character symbol. I'm running Fedora 22. It must be an extra font.
                    So not Unicode 8.0 compliant out of the box.

Comment

Weird. Korora Project's (Fedora Spin like Ubuntu is to Debian) website has been down all day. Was just on it last night. Weirder still......Ubuntu 15.10 was released today and the Ubuntu Gnome version's website has a dead download link.

Hmm.....what's up?

Comment

Working...
                      X