Fedora Workstation 22 Is Looking Great, Running Fantastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by finalzone View Post
    Same experience. It is a bug from dconf on Gnome Shell 3.16, the workaround is to backup the old .config/dconf/user in Nautilus or via terminal then log again.
    Thanks so much mate! Is it fix on the lastest version of F22 or we need to keep doing the workaround?

Comment

Originally posted by timex View Post
      Thanks so much mate! Is it fix on the lastest version of F22 or we need to keep doing the workaround?
      You will need to do that workaround once. Bug report submitted: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1221374.
      Note that the issue is not affecting Gnome on Wayland.
      Last edited by finalzone; 13 May 2015, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by finalzone View Post

You will need to do that workaround once. Bug report submitted: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1221374.
        Note that the issue is not affecting Gnome on Wayland.
        I tried the workaround, but doesn't work :/ I have the error daemon settings crash, and the error window keeps appearing...
        Last edited by timex; 13 May 2015, 08:26 PM.

Comment

for those having the "Oh no" issue try this, update your processor microcode, boot using a single monitor, and with no periferals attached (no wacom no nothing just use mouse + keyboard)

Comment

Originally posted by timex View Post

I tried the workaround, but doesn't work :/ I have the error daemon settings crash, and the error window keeps appearing...
            Strange. It worked on my case. Anyway, look at .local/share/gnome-shell which contains the actual setting. Backup gnome-shell folder somewhere and delete it. Log out and log in again.

Comment

Ugh, I was going to go KDE with F22 and try to make it similar to my Windows machine, but I think I'm going to do GNOME + Wayland once F22 is out.

Comment

Fedora 22... is not running fantastically on VMware (Player or Fusion) at the moment.

It appears that a reliance on X vmmouse by VMware is causing issues, with respect to mouse/click control, with the Wayland compositor.

Comment

Hi, The nouveou issues some people mentions here should be fixed in the final build of Fedora Workstation 22. Ben Skeggs our resident Nouveou expert got a fix that is now both in Fedora and upstream

As for those experiencing the '"oh no something was wrong message", if you are able to add a comment on https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1221374 and provide the requested stacktrace that would be wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                    Ugh, I was going to go KDE with F22 and try to make it similar to my Windows machine, but I think I'm going to do GNOME + Wayland once F22 is out.
                    Regardless of whether you end up using Fedora or not (I personally prefer openSUSE Gnome to Fedora myself) I definitely recommend you give Gnome a fair shot. There's a lot of Gnome hate on the internet most of which is unfounded garbage. It's not for everyone of course and people are certainly free to chose whatever they like best. But to listen to internet forums you'd think nobody ever tried Gnome Shell and liked it, nobody uses it, it's objectively bad proven by science, the Gnome team hates freedom and kills puppies, etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Doodzor View Post

Regardless of whether you end up using Fedora or not (I personally prefer openSUSE Gnome to Fedora myself) I definitely recommend you give Gnome a fair shot. There's a lot of Gnome hate on the internet most of which is unfounded garbage. It's not for everyone of course and people are certainly free to chose whatever they like best. But to listen to internet forums you'd think nobody ever tried Gnome Shell and liked it, nobody uses it, it's objectively bad proven by science, the Gnome team hates freedom and kills puppies, etc. etc.
                      Fedora has been on my main desktop since F20 along with GNOME 3
                      I had tried Fedora a few times before F20 and had stability/quality issues that really put me off, but I've always liked Fedora's goals. GNOME 3.8 was also the first usable release in my opinion, too. While GNOME 3 is really nice today, it was quite broken when it was first released.

As for openSUSE, I really wanted to switch to Tumbleweed after it recently became what was once Factory, but after looking through some of its packages I decided it was a bit too outdated in some parts for a rolling release and that I would wait until more maintainers started working on Tumbleweed. This has probably changed greatly since then.

Comment

Working...
                      X