Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aksdb
    replied
    In my opinion that's not "persistent" at all. Because "persistence" is a matter of how you look at it. For me it's "persistent" if I know that "wlan0" will be the wlan interface if available. "wlan1" will be the next. wlp3s0 is mschine/hardware/setup specific. If I change the order of the hardware components or boot my live stick on a different machine, the name could be a different one.

But as I said: a matter of opinion.
    I'm also aware that they are _usually_ called "predictable" interface names. Yes, predictable they are. I still don't like it :-) (And disabled it on my machines.)

Leave a comment:

• Ericg
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRealBecks View Post
    So what would it look like for example?
    Old: wlan0
    new: wlp3s0
    old: eth0
    new: enp0s25

As per: https://wiki.freedesktop.org/www/Sof...nterfaceNames/

Leave a comment:

• TheRealBecks
    replied
    So what would it look like for example?

Leave a comment:

• Ubuntu Finally Looks To Go With Persistent Network Interface Names

Phoronix: Ubuntu Finally Looks To Go With Persistent Network Interface Names

While Linux distributions like Fedora and Mageia have adopted predictable/persistent network interface names, Ubuntu has not. However, that is looking to change and it might also be the case for upstream Debian...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X