Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2FS Is Working Fine These Days With Fedora's Kernel

Phoronix: F2FS Is Working Fine These Days With Fedora's Kernel

A Phoronix reader recently asked whether Fedora developers have yet enabled F2FS file-system support within their packaged kernel. While I didn't mention it before, yes, they ended up enabling support for the Flash-Friendly File-System...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What happens if I try to use F2FS as the root filesystem? What keeps me from doing it?

Comment

Originally posted by bcdonadio View Post
      What happens if I try to use F2FS as the root filesystem? What keeps me from doing it?
      Without knowing anything at all about it, my guess would be initrd support. If it's in the mainline kernel, chances are it supports at least the basic features needed to boot off it.

It is worth noting this except from the wikipedia page though:
      Originally posted by Peter Chubb, Jan 2015 @ Linux.conf.au
      If you've got a workload that's latency sensitive, you might want to use NILFS. If you've got one that's throughput sensitive, you might want to use F2FS. [...] F2FS is still fairly immature ? it hasn't yet been fully optimized for highly concurrent workloads. [...] It has only been in tree for four or five months.

Comment

Working...
      X