Fedora 22 To Have Direct3D 9 Mesa State Tracker, Add Wine Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    Then I favor a fork. If wine doesn't want to do the real work that linux users want, then they don't deserve it.

EDIT: Like I said, there is nothing wrong with forking out edge case support. But, since linux users make up the very largest edge.....
    Fork maybe is better idea than patch wine (actually) because meanwhile wine advance more, maybe more and more problems begins appears

Wine works actually for all hardware (propietary and opensource) however AMD performance in normal wine is too low

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
      Then I favor a fork. If wine doesn't want to do the real work that linux users want, then they don't deserve it.

EDIT: Like I said, there is nothing wrong with forking out edge case support. But, since linux users make up the very largest edge.....
      I think this isn'r a good idea, you can't maintain it.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
        Fork maybe is better idea than patch wine (actually) because meanwhile wine advance more, maybe more and more problems begins appears
        Whoever forks Wine would have to be ambitious as hell. It's not enough to just patch Wine with Gallium-Nine support. Also we certainly need more support for Intel and Nvidia drivers. Intel could do it since it's open source, but Nouveau is just too slow even with wine-nine. Course Nvidia could just implement it into their drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
          Wine isnt Linux only
          so is mesa

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
            Whoever forks Wine would have to be ambitious as hell. It's not enough to just patch Wine with Gallium-Nine support. Also we certainly need more support for Intel and Nvidia drivers. Intel could do it since it's open source, but Nouveau is just too slow even with wine-nine. Course Nvidia could just implement it into their drivers.
            Yeah, you're right. I'd be willing to help track bugs and such, testing it in various circumstances. But, whoever decides to take the lead role would have a nightmare on his hands. It's keeping it synchronized with upstream wine as well as all the other work involved with a fork. And wine is huge, it's a ton of complex stuff.

I'd still favor a fork, but maybe that isn't a good solution after all.

Comment

Working...
            X