Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 21 Release Candidate 1 Awaits Your Testing

Phoronix: Fedora 21 Release Candidate 1 Awaits Your Testing

The first release candidate to Fedora 21 is now available for testing ahead of its official release next month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It wouldn't be Fedora if it wouldn't give you a webpage with a gazillion of info and links instead of a normal download page.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
      It wouldn't be Fedora if it wouldn't give you a webpage with a gazillion of info and links instead of a normal download page.

Comment

Testing of testing of RHEL?

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
          For GA, we will have very nice download page, right now finalized by websites guys. Stay tuned.

RC and other pre-release version are not intended for end users. Although every other hand helps a lot while testing.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
            Testing of testing of RHEL?
            testing of rhel's upstream
            like testing of ubuntu's debian

Comment

I've been running Fedora 21 on my new x99 box for a few weeks and it's been great.

Comment

Originally posted by hubick View Post
                I've been running Fedora 21 on my new x99 box for a few weeks and it's been great.
                I agree, I've been running it since Alpha on both my systems with close to zero problems, and all issues I was initially experiencing have been solved.

Comment

"blocker bugs"

"The release of Fedora 21 is coming one year after the release of Fedora 20 due to all of the work surrounding "Fedora.Next" with splitting into the Workstation, Cloud, and Server products along with other big changes. Fedora 21, as with past Fedora releases, was also plagued by delays early in its development cycle due to blocker bugs."

FWIW, this is sort of the wrong way to think about it. Blocker bugs aren't some sort of exotic species of creature which just appears in the long grass without human intervention. The blockers that delayed the Alpha and Beta releases were basically the *same thing* as the 'splitting into the Workstation, Cloud, and Server products along with other big changes' - those 'big changes', inevitably, had issues, and those issues were 'blocker bugs', because the 'blocker bug' process is how we implement "hey, let's maybe not ship this thing until all our 'big changes' are working properly". If you see what I mean.

Comment

No Thanks

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                    Phoronix: Fedora 21 Release Candidate 1 Awaits Your Testing

The first release candidate to Fedora 21 is now available for testing ahead of its official release next month...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTg0OTg
                    I stopped using Fedora around Release 15 and haven't looked back since. It took some effort to "shake that monkey off my back", but I am "clean and sober" now.

Comment

Working...
                    X