Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 21 Beta Makes It Out Following Delays

Phoronix: Fedora 21 Beta Makes It Out Following Delays

Fedora 21 is now available in beta form following its latest delays. Fedora 21 is still hoped for in official form next month and continues to be shaping up to potentially the best Fedora release ever...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's funny that these days Fedora is a better KDE distro than openSUSE despite only being "second class citizen" under Fedora.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
      It's funny that these days Fedora is a better KDE distro than openSUSE despite only being "second class citizen" under Fedora.
      That may not remain true. There's push in the KDE Spin group to make the Gnome and KDE versions on equal footing, but we shall see.
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
        That may not remain true. There's push in the KDE Spin group to make the Gnome and KDE versions on equal footing, but we shall see.
        I am not sure equal footing is the right way to look at it since both GNOME and KDE are already release blocking and have been for a very long time. What are you referring to as the new push?

Comment

Any real fact?

[Fedora 21 is] potentially the best Fedora release ever.
          I would like to know the real facts around this statement.
          To me at least, not a real fan of Fedora, it sounds as strong as unproved.
          Where this (supposed) superlative goodness should come from?
          The fact that the birth it taking so long doesn't imply it will be "the best ever".
          Unless we all acknowledge that the previous ones were all really low quality.
          Which in turn I admit it's not the case.
          And also the fact that other (unproved and undocumented) articles make the same claim won't make this very claim stronger.

I am really and genuinely interested in facts, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Uqbar View Post
            I would like to know the real facts around this statement.
            To me at least, not a real fan of Fedora, it sounds as strong as unproved.
            In my opinion every new release of a distribution is the best ever (since it has newer/better software). So to me this is not even a strong statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxjen View Post
              In my opinion every new release of a distribution is the best ever (since it has newer/better software). So to me this is not even a strong statement.
              In my opinion, instead, something is better than something else when you compare similar features and the former gets higher scores than the former.
              For example, for distributions, if it has fewer bugs, runs faster, requires fewer computing power and so on.
              The newer is not the better, to me at least.
              So that claim sounds as strong as unproved.

Comment

In my opinion, instead, something is better than something else when you compare similar features and the former gets higher scores than the former.
                For example, for distributions, if it has fewer bugs, runs faster, requires fewer computing power and so on.
                I never run Fedora for long (to be exact just tried it few times) but if you ask me it sounds to me just like marketing, calling for more devs/testers... Well new RHEL is released, new future begins now and we go further in brokeness but calling best ever and so on just like other OSos do

Yup Windows 10 is nothing finished rubbish too if you ask me, untested crap And Debian Sid is crap, and Arch is crap... but many people like that

And Playstation/Xbox are crap if there are no users
                Last edited by dungeon; 04 November 2014, 02:02 PM.

Comment

it is very simple:
                  newer = previous one + bug fixed + features + new bug
                  So, excepts for the case where the "new bug" portion results be preponderant, newer is better (just image a long list composed by each change log of all software shipped...).

Comment

I think that "best ever" is related to the fact that the alpha version was very stable and looked like working smoothly, like never happened before.
                    I'm new to Fedora, I started using it from Fedora 20, I guess the previous versions were very buggy in their alpha release.
                    Let's hope it is really the best ever.

Comment

Working...
                    X