X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bison
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    In total there will be three Linux Mint releases built upon the Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty Tahr" packages with sticking to a six-month release cadence.
    I would think four, not three, unless they are going to skip a release, but I saw no mention of that in Clem's post.

Leave a comment:

• philipmorris
    replied
    Originally posted by mike4 View Post
    So they will bring Cinamon to Ubuntu? Also they've settled with Ubuntu about the repos? They should indeed use their own repos to take pressure away from Ubuntu.
    there are no Ubuntu servers, there are shared servers example
    mirror fcaglp unlp edu ar

debian.c3sl.ufpr br
    ubuntu.c3sl.ufpr br
    archlinux.c3sl.ufpr br
    Last edited by philipmorris; 14 May 2014, 10:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• philipmorris
    replied
    Originally posted by mike4 View Post
    So they will bring Cinamon to Ubuntu? Also they've settled with Ubuntu about the repos? They should indeed use their own repos to take pressure away from Ubuntu.
    i believe the servers are the same for all distributions. Example http://mirror.fcaglp.unlp.edu.ar/ this server host 4 distributions packages. There are no especific Ubuntu servers...

Leave a comment:

• mike4
    replied

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Linux Mint Is Sticking To Ubuntu LTS Releases

Linux Mint Is Sticking To Ubuntu LTS Releases

Phoronix: Linux Mint Is Sticking To Ubuntu LTS Releases

The popular Linux Mint distribution has officially announced today that they will stick to using Ubuntu LTS releases as the bases of their operating system...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X