X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diriel
    replied
    Try to be DE Agnostic...

I find myself using KDE more often than not anymore. I do cycle through XFCE, Gnome, Cinnamon, and sometimes Mate on a semi regular basis. I enjoy each for a time, for different reasons. Then, I find myself back on KDE for a good long while again. I do try other desktops as well on occasion... Good to hear KDE really is stepping up, distro-wise.

Leave a comment:

• RahulSundaram
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
    How, specifically, was it degraded? It maintained its QA and blocking status, and now it has been recommended that KDE be promoted. The absolute worst-case scenario is that things stay how they have always been, and the best-case scenario (which all indications are is the one we are most likely to see) KDE will get a big boost.
    This is correct. Either it will remain a spin or become a product. A product maybe a step up with more overhead. In either case, there is no degradation. It is a growing sub community within Fedora, partly because it has gained more volunteers and partly because Red Hat has hired more full time KDE developers who have developed major upstream components such as the plasma network manager UI

Leave a comment:

• TheBlackCat
    replied
    Originally posted by Honton View Post
    Pingu just need to blow some steam. He knows very well that KDE just got further degraded in Fedora Land. So let him talk all he wants!
    How, specifically, was it degraded? It maintained its QA and blocking status, and now it has been recommended that KDE be promoted. The absolute worst-case scenario is that things stay how they have always been, and the best-case scenario (which all indications are is the one we are most likely to see) KDE will get a big boost.

Leave a comment:

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    Pingu just need to blow some steam. He knows very well that KDE just got further degraded in Fedora Land. So let him talk all he wants!
    It was an article about the rising popularity of KDE, and about Fedora users demanding more KDE. And about Fedora continuing to use KDE as default on their Educational and Science-oriented versions. And this is on the heels of KDE being voted the best DE on several sites.

I understand that this has hit you very hard. You told us that KDE was dead two years ago, and now all this.

Leave a comment:

• gufide
    replied
    Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    I'm just messing with him, I know that you aren't trolling here on phoronix
    Haha, be careful not to feed him too much!

Leave a comment:

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
    To be clear, this isn't anything I said. I am just showing what the proposal says.
    I'm just messing with him, I know that you aren't trolling here on phoronix

Leave a comment:

• RahulSundaram
    replied
    Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    Today a Red Hat employee explained to you that educators and scientists (i.e. intelligent people) prefer KDE.

I understand that this must hurt you.
    To be clear, this isn't anything I said. I am just showing what the proposal says.

Leave a comment:

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    Thanks! You might want to pass that water to KDE. They are the ones getting burnt today.
    Today a Red Hat employee explained to you that educators and scientists (i.e. intelligent people) prefer KDE.

I understand that this must hurt you.

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Fixed. The real story is KDE failed to establish anything for F21. Gnome is promoted to Workstation Product.
    Die, troll. Die!

Leave a comment:

• rikkinho
    replied
    kde?

kde is a horrible DE but ok

Leave a comment:

Working...
X