Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabayon 14.01 Has Updates, Steam Big Picture Mode

Phoronix: Sabayon 14.01 Has Updates, Steam Big Picture Mode

The Gentoo-based Sabayon Linux distribution is out with a new release, 14.01. This Sabayon release makes it easier to use Steam Big Picture Mode for Linux gaming if you're not after SteamOS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sabayon 14.04 ships ...

... and has Linux 3.10.3, ...
    gnome 3.10.3

... improvements to Sbayon 14.01 ...
    missing 'a'

... also has beter Steam ...
    better
    Last edited by Oedner; 21 December 2013, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oedner View Post

gnome 3.10.3

missing 'a'

better
      Whoops... Thanks. Too much work, not enough coffee this morning.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Whoops... Thanks. Too much work, not enough coffee this morning.
        no problem, not enough coffee was my first thought when reading the news

Comment

Sabayon is a pretty awesome distro, if you haven't tried it. I've been using it (on the weekly branch) for about half a year now. It has the ease of use of Ubuntu/Debian, but way newer packages and a rolling release. Parallel entropy is a major improvement, as is Python 3 support. (Python 3 has been available in the repositories for some time, but none of the libraries had support for it enabled, so you had to manually emerge them with the requisite USE flag.)

Comment

Unfortunately, have to start the livecd/installer in safemode on my A6 and A10 systems. Hopefully works better after installing, haven't tried yet (still need to allocate some space for it on one of my drives, and my desktop is awaiting maintenance--overheating due to improperly installed heatsink. ).

The software manager is pretty neat, can't wait to give it a try.

Comment

Working...
            X