Clear All

• curaga
    replied
    Been using /tmp on tmpfs since 2006. Glad to see Fedora finally catching up

Leave a comment:

• varikonniemi
    replied
    Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
    Regarding the other case, installation process with a bajillion repos, I don't think that one even applies to begin with, since you can't use a /tmp on disk before the disk has been partitioned/formatted. The installation process, by definition, MUST have /tmp in RAM.
    This also confused me, and according to the irc logs not even they really knew what that bug report was about.

Leave a comment:

• droidhacker
    replied
    Yeah, those two bugs are VERY much corner-cases. About VM's; you don't design your operating system for the purpose of being subservient to something else. You design it for the bare metal and just to not be exceedingly incompatible with VM's. It is definitely up to the user shoehorning it in to a VM to make trivial adjustments like this. The Fedora installer still provides configuration options for handling /tmp, its just set to DEFAULT to tmpfs.

Regarding the other case, installation process with a bajillion repos, I don't think that one even applies to begin with, since you can't use a /tmp on disk before the disk has been partitioned/formatted. The installation process, by definition, MUST have /tmp in RAM.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Fedora 18 Will Stick To Using Tmpfs

Fedora 18 Will Stick To Using Tmpfs

Phoronix: Fedora 18 Will Stick To Using Tmpfs

It was decided at today's FESCo meeting to not disable the mounting of /tmp as a tmpfs file-system by default for the forthcoming Fedora 18 Linux release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X