Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• allquixotic
    replied
    This is why they should have adopted systemd.

And combined with Gnome3, this is why Red Hat with Fedora 15 has utterly out-engineered Canonical once again.

Leave a comment:

• jakubo
    replied
    how can it be disk throughput is not related to boot performance? anyway...
    i have filed a bug report months ago...
    it seems that sata drives are being slow on laptops. i have had a few to play with and discovered slow read throughputs, i.e. 30MB/s maximum for at least 2 disks tested, which were hitachi made. there are a whole lot of websites reporting troubles with sata drives. this should probably be worked over as it seems to affect boot time very much. (a dual core AMD turion x2 64bit booting as fast or even a bit slower than a intel celeron m 1,6GHz with 32 bit and only one core does not feel right) i...

and there are many things on the net about crappy disk performance on linux

Leave a comment:

• loonyphoenix
    replied
    These are not regressions. Software regressions are bugs; these are simply unfortunate side-effects from using a new desktop environment, namely Unity.

Interesting info otherwise, though. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Ubuntu 11.04 Boot Performance Compared To Past Releases

Phoronix: Ubuntu 11.04 Boot Performance Compared To Past Releases

Now that we have looked at the Ubuntu power consumption going back as far as Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (and found serious power regressions), the next round of testing is providing the Bootchart results for five different systems also going back as far as Ubuntu 8.04 LTS.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X