Linux Distribution
    Mainly Ubuntu, (ex Kubuntu)-Got tired of the bugs
    This make things more clear after all.

Comment

Originally posted by next9 View Post
      This make things more clear after all.
      The reason I use Ubuntu is that I find it superior to the others

FOR MY NEEDS

but realise that my usage case for a PC isn't the same as everyone else's and so support other's choices in distro as much as I support my own choice.

I started with Mandrake Linux and RedHat in 2002 and swapped and changed many times before I happen across Ubuntu and immediately saw what others were saying. I then agreed with those who said Ubuntu made Linux easy and slick and it'd gotten more so as time has gone on. I'm no Linux noob let me assure you. All that said, if I find another distro that suites my better I'll happily switch to that and I'll still be able to be positive about Ubuntu as well.

However, what I'm discussing here isn't my choice of distro, but how unfair some people are being with respect to Ubuntu.

Next9, just because you are shallow minded doesn't mean everyone else is.

Comment

Originally posted by mirv View Post
        I personally saw this as too much of Canonical wanting people to do things for Ubuntu, when Canonical didn't do much dev work back in return.
        I realise that last statement may stir things up again, but I mention it only to say why I have some concern about what Canonical gets up to, and scrutinise it a little bit more than I otherwise might.
        And you're not alone. There are also a lot of Ubuntu users who are looking with great scrutiny at Canonical and its plans with Ubuntu. They are trying to Ubuntunize the Desktop, integrating their client software to their proprietary web services in every app.

Projects
        • Canonical ISD Web Framework (Proprietary)
        • Payment service (Proprietary)
        • Communication Preferences (Proprietary)
        • Django Formassembly integration (Proprietary)
        • Shop Integration (Proprietary)
        • Software Download (Proprietary)
        • Web themes (Proprietary)

Series of projects to support Canonical's various web properties

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
          And you're not alone. There are also a lot of Ubuntu users who are looking with great scrutiny at Canonical and its plans with Ubuntu. They are trying to Ubuntunize the Desktop, integrating their client software to their proprietary web services in every app.
          Every app? Really.

And how would you feel if say, I duuno, RadHat was promoting commercial arrangements being integrated into a Linux desktop?

Comment

Originally posted by mugginz View Post
            The reason I use Ubuntu is that I find it superior to the others
            I do not mean what distro you are using.

If someone fill "Ubuntonia" as hi location, he must be 12 age old, extremely fanatic, extremely stupid, maybe all together.)

Noone can expect objective discussion from somebody, who senselessly adore his distro so much

Comment

I do not mean what distro you are using.

If someone fill "Ubuntonia" as hi location, he must be 12 age old, extremely fanatic, extremely stupid, maybe all together.)

Noone can expect objective discussion from somebody, who senselessly adore his distro so much
              And if that's all you can ascertain from that you show just how puerile and shallow you really are.

Comment

Oh, and next9, do you have any of your own material?

Comment

And if that's all you can ascertain from that you show just how puerile and shallow you really are.
                  No. You are not even capable to understand, that it is MORAL to contribute into "common work", that everybody needs and use, if I build upon it commercial product. That fact limits you very significantly.

Comment

No. You are not even capable to understand, that it is MORAL to contribute into "common work", that everybody needs and use, if I build upon it commercial product. That fact limits you very significantly.
                    And Ubuntu does contribute into "common work"

I know you don't or won't understand that, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Comment

And Ubuntu does contribute into "common work"

I know you don't or won't understand that, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.
                      Number of commits in "common work" projects (Linux, GCC, GNOME) prove you are a liar

"Common work" does not mean projects usable or used only for Ubuntu.

Comment

Working...
                      X