Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandriva Linux 2010.1 Beta Arrives

Phoronix: Mandriva Linux 2010.1 Beta Arrives

For those from the Mandriva camp, you'll want to head on over to your favorite mirror to check out the freshly released beta of Mandriva Linux 2010.1. Mandriva 2010.1 Beta 1 is running with GNOME 2.30 that was released just this past week, provides a preview of GNOME Shell for a glimpse of what is coming with GNOME 3.0 later this year, and there is a wealth of other package updates too...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I always thought Mandriva was a KDE distro

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
      I always thought Mandriva was a KDE distro
      Mandriva defaults to KDE's desktop, but other DEs like GNOME are also available.

Comment

Installed yesterday and it is working great so far. Looking forward to final version.

Comment

Poulsbo Support

Word on the street is they have a custom Poulsbo module for new kernels/xorg working. Anyone dropped this on a gimped-netbook? Windows 7 on my Vaio P is breaking my heart

Comment

I just can't believe there is still no support for encrypted root and swap partitions
            Fedora has this feature for years. As well as Ubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by oneguynick View Post
              Word on the street is they have a custom Poulsbo module for new kernels/xorg working. Anyone dropped this on a gimped-netbook? Windows 7 on my Vaio P is breaking my heart
              Olivier Blin says he's made it work, but hasn't published his patches anywhere yet. MDV's bug report is still open:

and their driver package has only Adam Jackson's patch (from my Fedora package), which makes it build but not actually work.

Comment

Working...
              X