Slackware 13.0 Released With 64-bit Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlie View Post

If you are in the others category you may wish to reconsider your realness.
    If your NOT in the other category you may want to consider seeking help for masochism.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      If your NOT in the other category you may want to consider seeking help for masochism.
      I have been a Slackware user since 1994 and it was quite a ride for me, until I discovered debian. Not knocking slack, but it is a good distro if you want full control over what is on your machine withou anything getting in the way

Comment

Not sure if you can consider slackware a "big distribution" nowdays. It's more of a "niche distribution" for the die hards.
        Heh distrowatch shows Slack after the new relese to the third position in the scale. I'm sure it's the most popular die hard distro.

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
          Heh distrowatch shows Slack after the new relese to the third position in the scale. I'm sure it's the most popular die hard distro.
          True however that is over a small amount of period and is more of a spike which is common for all distro's when a new release is released. Setting the time period to a year for example shows drastically different results.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
            Define "no dependencies". Surely you can't have packages without dependencies unless you want runtime failures.
            Seemed obvious to me: automatic handling of dependencies and missing ones.
            Otherwise the dependency is not in the "package" but in the installed software. But I'm nickpicking here. :-)

Comment

True however that is over a small amount of period and is more of a spike which is common for all distro's when a new release is released. Setting the time period to a year for example shows drastically different results.
              Yeah I don't assume Slack is more popular than Ubuntu or OpenSUSE, but the jumb in the third position is a real deed that neither Arch or Sabayon achieved after their last releases. Though I'd prefer Sabayon to be in that position

Comment

I've used _________ for __ years.
                I like _________ because it's stable, fast, and the developers really
                know what a user needs. I booted __________ up and just as I expected I was right at home in the _________ environment.

www.__________.(com|org|net) has all the information a user needs.

The other distributions __________, ___________, and ____________ can't even come close to the ease of use _________ gives me.
                Last edited by squirrl; 07 October 2009, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
                  Slackware should be benchmarked with the others "big distributions"
                  It would win them all hands down. Try the following command on any distro:
                  Code:
                  zcat /proc/config.gz | grep -i "debug"
                  In case of openSUSE, Fedora and Ubuntu, you'll be surprised at the number of kernel debug options turned on.

Slackware, OTOH, is clean.

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
                    Slackware should be benchmarked with the others "big distributions"
                    yeah, and all *buntu fans here will be disappointed :P

Comment

Originally posted by marco71 View Post
                      yeah, and all *buntu fans here will be disappointed :P
                      Till you all see a Gentoo benchmark...

Comment

Working...
                      X