No announcement yet.

Manjaro 24.0 Released: Powered By Linux 6.9 & The Latest Desktops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what's wrong with OpenSuse Slowroll? It was not mentioned. Just stating that it is what it is.
    I recently had Tumbleweed. I'm new to TW. And there was no problem the whole time. And the kernel has been updated many times.​

I don't understand what's the point of a distribution like Manjaro, which usually can't even be upgraded to a newer version.
    Then I just read the complaints of disaffected Linux beginners that someone recommended it to them.​

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

"discourages" meanwhile it's gui tool for package management explicitly allows it.
      Even though there is an option in the GUI for the AUR, it is disabled by default. I would not call that contradictory to their "discouragement" statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

what manjaro does is more like takes a loaded gun, put it in your hands, point it towards your foot, then tells you not to pull the trigger
        Well if you like this weaponry analogy, it's more like Manjaro enarms you with a gun with no load, and tells you to blame yourself if you are a poor shooter aiming at your own balls. In such a case, you are free to go get a well-deserved Darwin award.
        Come on, every distro has a browser, you can go to some wacky cryptocurrency site and catch a Monero miner, go blame Fedora or whatever for giving you such opportunity. Looks like you're spinning arguments out of thin air.
        Last edited by openminded; 16 May 2024, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NekoTrix View Post

Even though there is an option in the GUI for the AUR, it is disabled by default. I would not call that contradictory to their "discouragement" statement.
          sorry, you have to rack the chamber first xD

Comment

Working...
          X