Fedora Linux 40 Available For Download As A Wonderful Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jacob View Post

Putting the password in clear text in a file is horribly bad advice.
    I got Fallout terminal hacking skills when I saw that.
    Hi

Comment

Originally posted by Spajdrex View Post
      Copied Fedora-Workstation-Live-x86_64-40-1.14 ISO to (Ventoy) disk. Booted, started installation, hard lock in a few seconds.
      Checked ISO, no errors were found. So that's about it.
      Why not Rufus?

Comment

Ventoy is a completely different ballgame than a stand ISO imager.

I've also not had a single issue with it since I started using it 18 months ago.

Quite simply, I've not looked back since using it. My USB3 stick and live images of many flavours are a great asset, as and when I want them.

Next, I might actually set up a static build partition for 'whatever', and maybe then I might find some bugs.
        Otherwise, no issues here.
        Hi

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

Putting the password in clear text in a file is horribly bad advice.
          Bypassing sudo by any method is bad advice.

He obviously doesn't care and in all honestly, there's little chance that this could be exploited by anything since the only person that would know about this would be him.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

There's always risk when upgrading core packages on Arch. Furthermore, you have to set up SELinux on your own etc. That's why I've switched to Fedora.
            tbh, selinux is a great way to determine if I would use a distribution. It has selinux? I am not using it.

Comment

about reboot on update:
              I only do that for glibc&kernels

so my system has uptimes in MONTHS, all the while updating happily.

But then I am using gentoo and not some crappy garage distribution like 'fedora' or 'ubuntu'.

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
                about reboot on update:
                I only do that for glibc&kernels

so my system has uptimes in MONTHS, all the while updating happily.

But then I am using gentoo and not some crappy garage distribution like 'fedora' or 'ubuntu'.
                Wow, so admirable, respect sir

Comment

Originally posted by mrg666 View Post

Wow, so admirable, respect sir
                  well my snarky little friend, if your distribution destroys its filesystem after an update and you 'fix' it by rebooting - that is not a fix. That is a bandaid over a torn off leg. It is ignoring the real problem and FIXING the issue. But instead of fixing the problems, they stuff their fingers in their ears and sing lalala....

So if some distributions can do it, why not Fedora? Because fedora is half broken bullshit? Like when they forced gnome down everyones throat? Or systemd? Or when they enabled selinux by default WAY before it was ready, causing lots and lots of trouble?

I am seriously surprised, people even touch this flaming shitpile.

Btw, Nobara throws away selinux, because it causes performance drops.

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post

well my snarky little friend, if your distribution destroys its filesystem after an update and you 'fix' it by rebooting - that is not a fix. That is a bandaid over a torn off leg. It is ignoring the real problem and FIXING the issue. But instead of fixing the problems, they stuff their fingers in their ears and sing lalala....

So if some distributions can do it, why not Fedora? Because fedora is half broken bullshit? Like when they forced gnome down everyones throat? Or systemd? Or when they enabled selinux by default WAY before it was ready, causing lots and lots of trouble?

I am seriously surprised, people even touch this flaming shitpile.

Btw, Nobara throws away selinux, because it causes performance drops.
                    It is widely known that "Fedora has a reputation for focusing on innovation, integrating new technologies early on and working closely with upstream Linux communities​"

There are LTS distributions if you are so concerned about stability, such as CentOS or Ubuntu LTS.

As simple as that. I have no idea about your rage/anger. Don't use it.

I like being at the edge. My kernel is compiled with GCC 14, X11 removed, DE is Plasma 6. But I replaced btrfs with ext4 where I prefer being at the safer side. And, I can handle when things break.

Although, I try to appreciate your deep concern about others, that is unnecessary.

Comment

Working...
                    X