Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Git 2.45 Begins Landing Code For SHA1 & SHA256 Interoperability For Repositories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's great. I wonder if Git will ever support a better compression algorithm for its objects. Zstd support would be a nice addition, it compresses better than gzip, and it decompresses as fast as it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Git is not inclusive to stupid people like me, I know you nerds love Git but for me who is not as smart as you guys I find it very difficult to use.

It cannot help me when I done modifications on the main branch instead of doing my modifications in a new branch and now I can't pull from the remote.

When there is merge conflicts, it is not so helpful, it just puts some <<< a >>> stuff, but is not so friendly.

It puts this decisions on me like rebase or fast forward and I don't really know the difference, because I don't even know what any of those things are, and I don't even really care, and I don't even want to know.
      I don't know what a detached head is, but it sounds scary.
      Just use SmartGit. If you have 200 commits per year, you also get a free license for open source work. Really great tool, but sadly closed source.

Comment

Too bad that don’t support a faster hash like Blake3.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          Git is not inclusive to stupid people like me, I know you nerds love Git but for me who is not as smart as you guys I find it very difficult to use.

It cannot help me when I done modifications on the main branch instead of doing my modifications in a new branch and now I can't pull from the remote.

When there is merge conflicts, it is not so helpful, it just puts some <<< a >>> stuff, but is not so friendly.

It puts this decisions on me like rebase or fast forward and I don't really know the difference, because I don't even know what any of those things are, and I don't even really care, and I don't even want to know.
          I don't know what a detached head is, but it sounds scary.
          Give Fork a try, it’s by far the best git GUI around.

Fork - a fast and friendly git client for Mac and Windows

Comment

Working...
          X