Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brunosalezze
    replied
    My only issue was that it was incompatible with Zerotierone, so I returned to 23.10.

Leave a comment:

• kmansoft
    replied
    Upgraded today from 23.10 to 24.04 beta.

Ran into several issues:

- Cannot change display settings to a fractional scaling value. After clicking on Enable Fractional Scaling, there is no Apply button and the fractional scaling values do not show up.

- There is a ghost "Unknown Display" in Display Settings, alongside by normal display. The ghost is 1024x768. My normal display is a DELL 27" 4K connected to an NVIDIA 4080 using proprietary driver. It does show too.

- Logging in does not unlock my "login" keyring in GNOME Keyring - so my browser (Brave) prompts me to unlock it after each login. There are "solutions" out there on the Internet but they don't apply.

I also have Manjaro on the same computer, multi-booting, it also uses GNOME 46 and none of the above issues exist there.

Leave a comment:

• MrCooper
    replied
    Originally posted by diegodamohill View Post

Gnome's and KDE's won't make it.
    Mutter's explicit sync support landed for 46.1, which might be in the final Ubuntu release.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by royce View Post

You certainly can if you run Sway for instance.
    Yeah, I suppose so, but I run GNOME with GDM.

Leave a comment:

• varikonniemi
    replied
    Originally posted by royce View Post

Which part of "beta" don't you quite understand?
    the one where it works worse than the alpha.

QXL ius probably the most common virtualization graphics nowadays, and auto login is probably the most used configuration change from default. These being broken in a beta is pretty deep.
    Last edited by varikonniemi; 12 April 2024, 04:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• royce
    replied
    Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
    amazing, after waiting 12 hours for the download link to become available, i am unable to install it in KVM. I just hear the startup sound but am left with a black screen and the legacy xorg X cursor. Even the daily build from couple weeks ago worked better and i was able to install it.

edit:switching from QXL to virtio graphics made it work. Never before has QXL been a problem, and it works faster as it is more simple.

edit2: first time ever installing a Linux operating system, after selecting to not need a password to log in, i am asked not only to select user, but also password. This is the worst ubuntu for me yet.
    Which part of "beta" don't you quite understand?

Leave a comment:

• erniv2
    replied
    Originally posted by david-nk View Post
    Nice, I'll be trying the Kubuntu beta to see if KDE these days is an equivalent or better alternative to Cinnamon.
    I kind of need to update my systems but I don't want to wait until summer for Linux Mint to be ready.

Edit:
    Well, I have no idea what exactly they're offering for download on https://cdimages.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily-live/current/, but running the Live CD, it sure doesn't look like Kubuntu. I guess I have to wait for the full release.
    You can install ubuntu like normal and then" sudo apt install kubuntu-desktop" to get the kubuntu feel or "kde-full" and you get all applets.

Like i said i just did the upgrade but i allready had the kde-full packages installed and they where all upgraded np, sad so that itÅ› still kde 5.27 and not 6.x.

Leave a comment:

• david-nk
    replied
    Nice, I'll be trying the Kubuntu beta to see if KDE these days is an equivalent or better alternative to Cinnamon.
    I kind of need to update my systems but I don't want to wait until summer for Linux Mint to be ready.

Edit:
    Well, I have no idea what exactly they're offering for download on https://cdimages.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily-live/current/, but running the Live CD, it sure doesn't look like Kubuntu. I guess I have to wait for the full release.
    Last edited by david-nk; 12 April 2024, 12:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• erniv2
    replied
    Updated from a running system and it works well so far .

update-manager -d

Leave a comment:

• varikonniemi
    replied
    amazing, after waiting 12 hours for the download link to become available, i am unable to install it in KVM. I just hear the startup sound but am left with a black screen and the legacy xorg X cursor. Even the daily build from couple weeks ago worked better and i was able to install it.

edit:switching from QXL to virtio graphics made it work. Never before has QXL been a problem, and it works faster as it is more simple.

edit2: first time ever installing a Linux operating system, after selecting to not need a password to log in, i am asked not only to select user, but also password. This is the worst ubuntu for me yet.
    Last edited by varikonniemi; 11 April 2024, 10:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X